Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced Solution Architect and team leader to join our Global Service Provider (SP) team, where you will be the key technical resource for some of the most noteworthy SPs across the globe. You will establish relationships with CTOs and other technical leaders with vision, find opportunities for introducing Splunk products, and develop the technical framework for growing the SP business at Splunk. You'll help develop a market-leading SP solution architects team by enabling and guiding them on standard methodologies, solution selling, presentation and technical reviews. You will be working closely with our global leader for Splunk’s SP business to align Splunk’s capabilities to drive business outcomes for our partners.
The responsibilities for this role include: providing technical product and deep architectural expertise; supporting, staffing and speaking at partner events; providing presentations at the C-level; and delivering ongoing communication of the latest Splunk capabilities and partner enablement. In addition, you will build groundbreaking prototypes to support your account business plans, publish content that details Splunk’s technical mentorship. You will need to be, or quickly become, a Splunk expert so our partners can be successful with Splunk products. Deep understanding of the service provider (MSP/MSSP/Out-sourcer) ecosystem is highly preferred. This is a team leader role, with commensurate expectations of performance, professionalism, integrity and problem solving skills.
- Lead a team focused on providing technical thought leadership to Splunk’s most important SP accounts globally.
- Player /coach, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and SP interactions and meetings.
- Establish and maintain leverage-able relationships with key technical staff and leadership in the designated global SP accounts.
- Build and promote Splunk’s reference enterprise and solution architectures. Define priorities and determine where Splunk products can have the most impact.
- Design and launch differentiated service provider offerings.
- Work in close collaboration with the Global Service Provider sales execs to build and execute a technical business plan
- Responding persuasively to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Identify and align Splunk technology specialists and leadership for focused discussions with customer SME’s and leaders
- Participate in and deliver Business Reviews and executive briefings
- Identifying, leading, contributing and/or editing technical standard methodology documents, white papers, workshops and “brown bag lunch ‘n learns”
- 10+ years relevant Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience, selling enterprise software products to IT organizations and C-level officers
- Minimum 5+ years experience building and running front line technical sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company
- Experience and deep understanding of global MSP/SP and reputation/history to confirm
- Expertise or understanding of multiple technical domains: IT infrastructure, Security, DevOps, Analytics, Application Management, and Cloud computing/products/services
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation.
- Product and/or Project Management experience is preferred
- Committed Curiosity - with a desire to question, research, learn and grow (on repeat)
- Forward-thinking learning - able to quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts
- Collaboration - work across teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Bias for action -address new opportunities and challenges, set, communicate, lead, and meet results-oriented achievements and deadlines
- Eye For Business - strong understanding of how IT service providers, business process outsourcers and managed service providers make money, as well as the industry pressures they face
- Don’t just talk, listen. Ability to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations (aka red tape)
- Should be available to travel to visit your accounts, up to 30% of the time (including international travel, so must have a valid passport!)
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, MS/MBA degree preferred
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills, and educate you on processes. But you need to come with your own self-motivation, unflaggingcuriosity, and belief in “the art of possible” with technology, and a strong desire to work with an awesometeam with a positive mentality
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).