Reporting to the Manager, Inside Sales, we are looking for a highly-motivated individual with the drive and passion to be successful in joining our expanding Sales team in the fast-paced, growing industry of digital archiving and business intelligence.
Your primary objective is to deliver new business to customers within the Public Sector by promoting our SaaS-based compliance solutions. You’ll work with a great manager and high-performing team; 10% travel within the territory; lots of opportunity for continued development and a long-term career path growth.
You possess a hunter’s mentality, have an energetic personality, know the value of being a good team player, and be driven in determining your own W2 at the end of the year! You can demonstrate a successful track record in sales and business development, and you have a foundation of some sort of Sales methodology (we're not married to any specific methodology, we’re looking for people who care to do what they do well, and invest in their own success).
We offer a competitive base salary plus commission, as well as great perks and benefits.
- Lead generation, qualification and opportunity management to contract closure with majority of sales conducted via phone and online demos.
- Build and maintain client base, with a strong sense of customer satisfaction.
- High volume of out-bound calls to a new client base.
- Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
- 1+ years prior sales/business development experience to Public Sector clients and agencies is required
- Previous experience with SaaS is strongly preferred
- Proven track record is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, Time Management, and Professional Appearance
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence? Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
We have offices in Boston, New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and London, and are headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We’re proud to be one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon for 2014—our second time on the list! Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers.