Houzz is the world’s leading platform for home remodeling and design, helping more than 2.5 million home professionals in over 100 categories to grow and manage their business. Through Houzz, a community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts find ideas, hire professionals, source products and access tools to update their homes from start to finish. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About The Role
Our Sales Representatives partner with industry professionals to help grow their businesses through local advertising and software solutions on Houzz.com. Do you thrive in a fast-paced and competitive, yet team-oriented environment? Do you love turning feedback into progress and continually being challenged? If the answer is yes, then Houzz might just be your next home.
What You’ll Do
- Prospect new business partners (we provide leads!) across the U.S. and Canada through high volume outbound calls
- Assess business needs of small to medium sized businesses
- Consult with professionals on how to effectively market their business on Houzz.com
- Management of the full sales cycle, from securing new business partnerships to facilitating a smooth onboarding process for the professional
- Meet and exceed monthly sales expectations
- Day & Overnight travel as needed (less than 5%)
- Ad Hoc responsibilities as required
At a Minimum, We’d Like You To Have
- At least 1 to 4 years of inside sales experience (prospecting)
- Outbound cold-calling experience
- Focus on selling intangibles is preferred (i.e. advertising, financial services, business services..)
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- Tech-savviness - able to cogently conduct presentations virtually using assorted platforms and troubleshoot when complications arise
- Tenacity to exceed monthly sales objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented mindset
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation is a combination of base salary and commission
- Excellent benefits package (Start day 1)
- Full training & development
- Career growth & opportunity
- Casual & fun work environment
- Healthy work/life balance
- Contests & incentives
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $7.00 - $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19