Vidyo enriches people’s lives by embedding real-time video into digital communications in the moments that matter most. Millions of people around the world connect visually every day through Vidyo’s secure, scalable technology and cloud-based services. Its patented platform integrates with virtually any application environment, network, and device to deliver the highest quality experiences that strengthen teams, build trust, solidify relationships, and improve quality of life for everyone.
Vidyo is a subsidiary of Enghouse Systems Limited, a software and services company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol “ENGH.”
The selected Software Engineer must have at least 8+ years of C/C++ software design, architecture and development experience. This engineer will work on the design and development of PowerMedia XMS, a highly scalable, software-only media server that enables standards-based, real-time multimedia communications solutions for IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), service provider, enterprise, VoIP, and WebRTC applications on premises or in the cloud. This requires at least 5 years of working experience in system programming for Linux. You must be an expert in designing and implementing highly scalable, asynchronous networked services (daemons). The ideal candidate has some experience with or is willing to learn SIP / VoIP / Video and WebRTC technologies. A solid understanding of software architecture of operating systems and networked services is required. Previous experience with the above technologies in the Windows environment would also be an asset.
- As part of a team , design and develop and enhance server-side software modules using C/C++.
- Understand and follow the evolution of related open source services, frameworks and libraries for possible inclusion in Vidyo division products.
- Analyze, debug and resolve complex internal and external issues in assigned modules.
- Write design specifications for assigned development projects.
- Participate in peer code reviews and design reviews.
- Understand complex high-performance software systems and dive quickly into existing code.
- CS / EE degree or equivalent
- Must have 8+ years of experience in developing high performance, high quality and highly scalable enterprise or carrier grade C/C++ products/solutions where communication between multiple systems are involved using standard communication protocols.
- A solutions-oriented thinker who can find solutions for server performance issues & debug low level core dumps.
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and debugging using Wireshark or similar network traffic analysis tools.
- Should have good working knowledge of using some communication protocols / technologies like REST, SIP, ICE , Websockets, gRPC, JSON RPC, SNMP etc,
- Should have good understanding of at least three open source libraries such as openSSL,libcurl, zeromq, protobuf, msgpack,xerces-c etc
- Should have used open source C/C++ build systems and compilers and source code control systems such as SVN and Git.
- Expertise in multithreading, concurrency and high availability
- Strong debugging skills using crash dumps, logs and other debugging tools is a must.
- Experience using tools for memory leak detection, profiling performance issues, and multithreading issues.
- Strong understanding of writing code prioritizing maximum performance and minimizing system resource usage while ensuring code readability , maintainability and adherence to coding standards.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented software design and programming techniques.
- Must be a very good team player
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience in Java development
- Experience working with Cloud environments (OpenStack, AWS, GCP etc).
- Experience in Atlassian development platforms confluence, build automation tools bamboo & understanding of modern CI/CD tools
- Experience in Jscript / ECMAScript, bash and other scripting languages
- Experience in media related technologies and protocols (SIP, VoIP, WebRTC etc)
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enghouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer.