Please include a cover letter to let us know your availability and which locations you would be interested in working at. We would also love to hear why you would like to be a part of the Bridgehead team!
What Makes Bridgehead Great?
- We are local, Ottawa-based coffeehouses.
- We cook and bake our food fresh, using local ingredients.
- We work towards sustainability.
- We love to compost.
- We welcome diversity and are an inclusive workplace.
- We source coffee exclusively from cooperatives of land owning small-producers.
- Be part of the community, have fun and make friends.
Perks and Compensation:
- Free Coffee Beans or Tea
- Employee Discount for food and merchandise.
- Free Beverages
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee run 'Tips Program' with potential to earn up to $3/hour extra (varies store to store)
- Professional and Career Growth Opportunities:
- Leadership Building
- Entry Level Management Experience
- Opportunity to enter CoffeeHouse Manager Apprentice Program
- International Experience program (Leave of Absence for Travel)
Bridgehead Shift Supervisors care. They care about the customer and product they enjoy; about each other and the team as a whole; about how their workplace looks and feels. Our Shift Supervisors take pride in a job well done, a strong team, and a successful day. They act and model behaviours consistent with Bridgehead’s visions and values of sustainable, fair trade and community service and contribute to a positive and inspiring workplace culture in which they are encouraged to seek both personal and professional growth and success.
Shift Supervisors are responsible for the smooth functioning of all store operations in the manager’s absence. They have strong product knowledge, and demonstrate exceptional hospitality and team leadership. Successful Shift Supervisors will be given preferable consideration for future acceptance into the Management Apprentice program.
- Oversees the overall store operation, and provides effective team leadership in the manager’s absence.
- Maintains a strong and positive team culture.
- Motivates and directs team members to exceed hospitality expectations.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs and scans environment for signs of how to improve the customer experience and provide a warm, inviting coffeehouse.
- Models and ensures Bridgehead Standards for hospitality, cleanliness, product delivery and efficiency.
- Trains and mentors baristas to ensure high skill proficiency in daily operations and training protocols.
- Upholds and maintains operational policies and procedures to support coffeehouse team and ensure efficient coffeehouse operations.
- Maintains and ensures all Bridgehead systems, records and cash management practices are followed to secure and maintain coffeehouse sales operations.
- Leads by example, and maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Plays an active role in ensuring the health and safety standards are met for our customers and staff.
- Safeguards our company’s visions and values with integrity and expert knowledge.
- Models, fosters and encourages personal and professional growth in the workplace.
- Minimum of 1+ years of Shift Supervisor experience.
- Professional, exemplary hospitality model.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player, with the demonstrated ability to lead effectively.
- Evident excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit to stand, walk, bend, twist and lift up to 40 kg.
- Verified record of punctuality/attendance and time management.
- Flexible with regards to store location and hours of work.
- Certified Food Handler certificate (required before contract signing).
- Certified First Aid
- Management or Business training or education, specifically in Hospitality.
- Commitment to fair, sustainable trade.
- Knowledge of specialty coffee and/or tea.
- Creativity, sense of humour, and diverse life experience.
- Openness, kindness, honesty and integrity.
We invite diversity in our applicants; our differences make us stronger! We welcome and encourage applications from people of all races, sexes, colours, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages and gender identities.
We strive to remove barriers in our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Application deadline: 2021-08-17
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
Salary: $15.75 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
- What makes you a great leader?