Benefits: Group health, Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), Dependent Care Spending Account, Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with quarterly employer contributions, Dental plan (up to $3,000 annually), Vision plan (exams and lenses every 12-months; frames every 12-months), Chrysler Pacifica company vehicle, Company paid: Basic Life, Short-Term Disability, Funeral Planning Services, AD&D, Travel Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, 12 paid company holidays, 48 hours paid sick/personal days, Paid vacation after 6-months of employment, Parental leave (4-weeks paid for birth or adoption), 401K/Roth - Company matches 100% of the first 4% of compensation deferred plus a 1% Employer profit sharing contribution, Tuition reimbursement.
The Territory Sales Manager establishes distribution and develops sales of Company products within an assigned geographic territory using fact-based, financial selling skills. This position identifies, calls on and manages retail, wholesale and designated chain accounts for expanding distribution and increasing sales volume. Additionally, this person identifies sales opportunities in all trade classes and execute quality sales calls to increase product visibility, availability and consumer take-away at retail within the geography. This is an outside sales position, so daily travel to customer locations is required. Between 25 - 50% overnight travel will be required for this role - depending on territory. This position has no personnel management responsibilities and reports to the Manager Regional Sales. The normal shift is 40 hours per week in the field with extended hours as needed. This position may be assigned other duties as determined by the Supervisor.
- Call on specified independent retailers (with designated coverage frequency) to gain product distribution, place point-of-sale-materials and gathering competitive market intelligence
- Improve Company product positioning through display placements, improved shelf position and promotional offerings, as available. These efforts will be supported with product pricing pieces, P.O.S. placements, shelf order tags, order guide work and pre-books/advance orders through distributors
- Enter all call activities into the RW3 Sales Call Reporting system
- Manage a product contingency fund for having product and funds on-van to seed new product distribution, provide promotions and to fill-in low and out-of-stock situations
- 3-5 years outside selling experience at retail and wholesale
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent fact-based, financial selling skills and ability to forge business partnerships that help close the sale
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new systems quickly Ability to work independently including to plan and prioritize route coverage to achieve Go-To-Market goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication; solid presentation skills (presentations to small groups are required
- Ability to use and communicate basic business math and interpret internal/external industry data and reports
- General awareness knowledge of the ISO9001 Quality Management System requirements, company Quality Policy and your contributions to the effectiveness of the QMS
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of and acting in strict accordance with the requirements of all relevant laws, regulations, and Company policies, including, among other areas, Food and Drug Administration regulations
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university, preferred. 3 – 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Tobacco/consumer packaged goods sales experience
This description is based upon management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.