Investment Solutions Consultant, FILI
Serving as an Insurance and Annuity subject matter expert and product specialist, the Investments Solutions Consultant personally supports assigned branch & phone representatives who are working to achieve insurance sales goals through the generation of new business and the development of existing customer relationships.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Series 7, 63 & 65/66 and State Insurance license(s) required
- A complete understanding of Fidelity's guidance tools and how our insurance products can be positioned within these tools
- Ten or more years of financial service sales with a proven track record
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree or certification preferred
- Comfortable with moderate travel, up to 25%
The Purpose of Your Role
Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company (FILI) was formed to meet the critical retirement needs of Fidelity customers. FILI is a critical component of Fidelity's accumulation and retirement platform, offering innovative products that are low cost, transparent and easy to buy.
The FILI Investment Solutions Consultant plays an integral role in helping representatives develop, strengthen and retain client relationships, and supports retirement planning (accumulation, income and wealth transfer planning) with FILI products. To do so appropriately, the ISC-FILI must have full competency in all Fidelity Investments' products and services, a complete understanding of the Planning and Guidance Tools, and a working knowledge of Consultative Selling Skills (CSS).
The Skills You Bring
- Your expert-level of Consultative Selling Skills
- You have a strong service orientation to ensure the needs of the supported territory are being met
- You have impeccable personal interaction skills, including communication, influence, facilitation, & public speaking
- You are an effective coach and motivator, as well as a consummate team player
The Value You Deliver
- Your market knowledge is critical in aiding in the development of potential business opportunities within a representative's Book of Business, your partnership is instrumental in determining appropriate next steps to pursue and develop their business
- Partnering with Management and Regional Planning Consultants to develop and execute a business plan to achieve insurance sales goals
- Ensuring a consistent approach and execution of business strategies by partnering with the field FILI RVPs in the assigned territories
- Providing educational support by participating in team meetings, one-on-one coaching sessions, leading informal and formal training sessions; Your training ensures representatives are well versed in insurance products and understand their place within the financial planning process
- Communicating sales techniques & practices specific to financial planning strategies for accumulation and distribution, new products and service updates and competitor offerings
- Participate and/or present in team meetings, hold scheduled and unscheduled 1:1 meetings and lead/support informal and formal training sessions
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
You are developing a high level of trust and credibility with all Branch and Phone business partners through outstanding interactions, superior responsiveness and unfailing follow-through.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and cultivating a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For more information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:$64,000 - $100,000
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Certifications:Series 07 - FINRA, Series 63 - FINRA, Series 65 - FINRA, Series 66 - FINRA
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.