KITCHENER, ON /
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – PRODUCT MANAGEMENT /
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
As a Product Owner, you are a critical part of the Product team and will be responsible for driving our B2B business to the next level. You will play an integral role in building and executing the roadmap that will have an impact on thousands around the world.
As the Product Owner of RP Acquisition you will directly contribute to ApplyBoard success by improving how we acquire, onboard and interact with Recruitment Partners while they are signing up to ApplyBoard. You will also be responsible for creating the Product strategy to grow our acquisition channels and find new ones.
You will work closely with a world-class cross functional team to manage the full product lifecycle, from problem identification to product launch. Our Product Owners are passionate about the intersection of user need, design and technology with a knack for simplifying complex problems into elegant solutions that ship!
What you’ll be doing every day: *
- Work closely with the product team, your POD as well as internal and external stakeholders to discover and prioritize high-level opportunities into an actionable roadmap
- Lead your POD in defining, grooming and executing on the backlog with a focus on launching measurable, user-impacting, features
- Participate in and/or lead ideation workshops to ensure you are continually discovering and prioritizing the most important features
- Roll up your sleeves and lead your POD, continually aligning everyone to your mission, writing awesomely clear and actionable epics & stories, being a champion in daily standups, sprint planning & sprint retrospective meetings, etc.
- Collaborate closely Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Sales and Designers.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of experience in a Product Owner or similar roles
- Experience with B2B services and account management-based business
- Experience in B2B user acquisition for small and medium businesses
- Experience with the entire product development life cycle
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Data-driven with experience using tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Tableau, or equivalent
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and overall project management skills
What we Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
_Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard: *
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing* 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.*
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
About ApplyBoard: *
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte,* ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups* in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a* C$4B valuation. *This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time