With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at: www.alliant.com.
Responsible for collaborating with Employee Benefit Brokers/Consultants on the development and execution of client centered strategies. Manages book of business and directs the work of a multi-disciplined service team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits proven competence in all Client Manager duties and knowledge requirements;
- Acts as the lead representative to an assigned book-of-business;
- Establishes multi-year strategic plan development and presents to client;
- Manages client financials, responsible for renewal negotiation;
- Prepares and presents renewals or marketing to Executives, Boards or Public Sector Committees;
- Strategically guides the client through the decision making process;
- Maintains ownership of all client deliverables by the service team;
- Maintains and drives client calendars for service team;
- Leads the service team in implementation and execution of strategic plan, renewal or marketing;
- Manages and mentors a team effectively, inspires collaboration, team performance and camaraderie;
- Understands intricacies and differences between Alliant's business sectors, i.e. Hospital, Public Sector, etc.;
- Participates in team selling process including finalist interviews and RFP responses;
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge in Underwriting, Compliance, Cobra, TPAs, FSAs, HSAs, etc.;
- Serves as a technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues;
- Selects carriers for solicitation and negotiates with carriers for benefit and premium considerations;
- Collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances within 60 days of invoicing date;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
8+ years related work experience
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Expert level of Employee Benefit product and benefit administration knowledge
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent customer service skills
Strong presentation skills and ability to conduct open enrollment meetings
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Strong understanding of self-insurance and alternative funding arrangements
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume” button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.