Position Title: Food Service Sales Rep
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Saskatchewan
Requisition ID: 9727
McCain knows the importance that food plays in people's lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. That is why our purpose is celebrating real connections through delicious, planet-friendly food. We do this by succeeding together with our teams, business and community partners around the world - because we know when we work and grow together, we succeed together. Be a part of our family.
Foodservice Sales Representative – Regina OR Saskatoon
Reporting directly to a McCain Regional Sales Manager, this position is responsible for representation of McCain Foodservice Products, Programs, and Promotional activity to the Restaurant and general Foodservice Trade. Primary focus includes Independent Operators, Regional Chains, and business development with Foodservice Distribution Networks as assigned.
McCain uses a collaborative sales approach that includes our Category Management, Business Development, Finance, and Marketing Teams. McCain is a Canadian company and the market leader in Canada and Globally in the potato business.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Organize and plan assigned Territory Coverage.
- Support of Foodservice Operators (existing and new) providing expert knowledge and solution based solutions specific to McCain Foodservice products. This may include conducting product demonstrations, supporting product launches, creating promotions, and aligning financial packages that work for the account.
- Preparing End-user contracts and subsequent requests for payment.
- Ensuring information in the corporate system of record is accurate.
- Day to day Distributor Maintenance – Buyer relationship and communication, product demonstrations, sales support, & resolving daily issues where necessary with guidance from the Regional Sales Manager.
- Prospecting and qualifying future account opportunities within a region
- Ensuring CRM tool (Salesforce) is updated & maintained to standard
- Completion of required administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Budgeting and sales tracking.
- Preference for Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, and/or Sales Experience/Hospitality Industry Management Experience
- Full proficiency in English required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. With the further ability to quickly become proficient in other software applications as may be required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills to accommodate a diverse Client base, and to interact effectively with all levels and functions both inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to multi-task and advance multiple projects concurrently.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, project a professional image, with a demonstrated ability to quickly develop an understanding of the opportunity, further converting the understanding into tangible gains for the Group.
- Ability to work independently with the support of the Western Canadian Foodservice Sales team
- Must hold a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license and acceptable driver’s history
- Must be able to use a vehicle to drive to clients and McCain location(s)
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move 30+ pounds; ability to stand for long periods of time, kneel or crouch down, reach above head height and bend over
- Travel required (moderate)
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Sales
Division: NA Sales
Department: Sales Foodservice AB-SK CA
Location(s): Regina || CA - Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || CA - Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)