Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Sales Representative is responsible for developing sales in a specific geographic territory. Duties include prospecting for new business and making calls to existing and new customers for the purpose of selling Automotive Finishes products, which include Sherwin-Williams labeled automotive paint and associated products. Typical accounts include automotive body shops, production, and fleet shops.
The core responsibilities and duties associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential.
- Conduct competitive product comparisons and identify current competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and S-W’s competitive advantage.
- Develop a strategy to grow sales and profits to key, potential, new and existing customers. Through the sales process, identify the customer’s needs and develop solutions in order to profitably grow sales.
- Develop a regular sales call schedule to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are met.
- Familiarize self with all products, including their application and preparation, in the Sherwin-Williams Automotive line.
- Utilize our Customer Retention Management System (CRM) to log all customer visits and track the progress of new accounts.
- Develop a daily and weekly pre-call strategy to ensure time is properly allocated
- Conduct product demos to assist in selling/marketing of automotive refinishing products.
- Access product/technical information to support customers’ application requirements.
- Identify ways to deepen the business relationship with customers.
- Maintain effective communication with sales manager on strategies and opportunities in marketplace.
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years in customer service-related position
- At least 1 year in sales related role
- Previous record of effective management with regard to expense control, sales management, and directing personnel
- Must be advanced in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with word documents and spreadsheets
- Effective writing skills
- Basic math skills
- Sales experience in coatings or a related field
- Outside sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.