GENERAL SALES MANAGER - JAGUAR LAND ROVER ROCKLIN
Must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ or combined experience in one of the following positions
- Sales Manager
- Finance Manager
- Assistant Sales Manager
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
- Hire, train, supervise and monitor the performance of the new vehicle department managers.
- Hire, train, supervise and monitor the performance of the used vehicle department managers.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual dealership forecast by projecting unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profits for the new- and used-sales departments.
- Meets with sales managers (new and used) to establish annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profit.
- Ensures that sales managers (new and used) understand dealership policies, procedures, and sales systems.
- Works with dealer and general manager to determine appropriate days’ supply for new and used vehicles and orders/acquires vehicle inventory accordingly.
- Establishes standards for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining new and used vehicles.
- Establishes procedures for quick disposal of overaged vehicles.
- Issues all demonstrators and ensures that appropriate dealership records are maintained.
- Checks the condition of all demonstrators monthly.
- Ensure prompt reconditioning of used vehicles.
- Meets with the general manager to review monthly forecasts, productivity reports, and the profit performance of each department as a whole.
- Conducts monthly meetings (one-on-ones) with each salesperson to review performance, set goals, set action plans, etc.
- Studies local market conditions, demographics, and past sales history. Make recommendations to the general manager regarding short- and long-range advertising plans, sales promotions, staffing needs, lease promotions, and compensation plans.
- Conducts major sales promotions and advertising as needed (i.e., used car classifieds, large new display ads, radio, etc.).
- Ensures contracts in transit are funded timely; Monitor wholesale receivables for timely receipt of funds or outstanding debts.
- Approves all sales incentives in writing before submitting to the office.
- Addresses customer complaints to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Creates systems that ensure ongoing sales training, including weekly sales meetings.
- Audits all appraisals of trade-in vehicles. Attends auction at least once quarterly.
- Reviews and initials all deals before they are posted.
- Facilitates new-vehicle pre-delivery with the service manager.
- Makes sure facility is secure, well lit, and professional in appearance.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Attends managers’ meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHY JOIN THE NIELLO TEAM?
To be Northern California’s leading automobile dealer for the products we represent.
We are committed to providing distinctive automotive products and exceptional service while treating our customers and employees with unyielding integrity.
Our Core Values
- We are a team
- We respect each other
- We encourage self-improvement
- We hold high expectations
- We embrace change
- We enthusiastically value our customer
- We support our community
We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Perks such as:
- Kaiser HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO, Western Health Advantage HMO and HRA plans
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Vision & Dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Discounts on Company Products and Services
VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK
The Niello Company has been recognized by Automotive News an incredible 26 times in their annual look at the Top 100 Best Dealerships To Work For. The Niello Company is proud to have had nine dealerships on this list since the inception of the program, many of which are multi-year and back-to-back recipients. The Niello Company has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work multiple times by the Sacramento Business Journal.