ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Service Now’s Cloud Services Program Management team is responsible for program delivery across our cloud environment, touching all elements of the cloud infrastructure. Program scope includes green field site delivery, site expansion, large scale network build and migrations, core infrastructure services design, and deployment. The team is a key partner to the hardware architecture and product development teams and are an integral part of the Cloud Security organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience and service availability. We need someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable, and sustainable solutions. The successful candidate will have experience managing teams and exemplary program management skills. This role requires a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; we are looking for someone who embraces new challenges, is innovative, and is a great team player. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
What you get to do in this role:
As part of the Infrastructure Program Management, you will be responsible for driving large, highly visible programs for our Cloud Engineering organization especially around Security. As a key partner to our architecture and engineering teams, you will develop and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, technical leaders, and business owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives.
- Develop overall program plans; definition and agreement on scope, success criteria, key milestones, and deliverables.
- Determine key dependencies; technical, process, and people.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a great solution on time
- Facilitate meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology
- Develop business readiness plans including training and support documentation and artifacts
- Manage external dependencies and logistics
- Provide leadership by example. Develop and share best practices across the team.
To be successful in this role you have:
The ideal candidate will have understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web, and application servers. Prior experience in managing programs around large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- 7+ years’ project/program management with at least 4 years dedicated to running large engineering programs
- Experience with security programs around encryption and key management is highly desirable
- At least 4 years of pure technical experience such as programming, systems administration, hardware/software, networking, or DBA experience
- Working knowledge of hardware and storage platforms, networking technologies, and datacenter power distribution systems.
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as routing, switching, and load balancing is a plus
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field
- Experience is delivering large scale security programs
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Superior communications and presentation skill
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.