Henry Schein One is the global leader in dental management, analytics, communication and marketing software. We deliver innovative dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help connect dental technology so it works as one.
When technology connects, more data is shared, more tasks are automated, and more work gets done. And most importantly, dental professionals have more time to focus on providing a quality experience for their patients. In fact, one connected practice management system simplifies each step of the patient experience - from first contact and scheduling, to clinical treatment and billing, to ensuring loyalty and recurring care.
If you are looking for a growing career that makes a difference, come be part of our team!
The Vice President, Inside Sales will lead Henry Schein One’s efforts across four solution segments: Patient Relationship Management, Patient Demand Generation, Revenue Cycle Management, Business Analytics/Business Intelligence. Annual New Business Quota is in excess of $36M USD, driving double digit year over year growth into General/Solo Dental Practices and the Multi-Site/DSO segment up to 5 locations.
This is a critical leadership role that will help drive the growth and success of Henry Schein One customers. Leadership of an expanding team of 24 sales professionals in winning new solo offices and up to 5 multi-site DSO locations is strategic to drive continued market leadership.
This is a key leadership role reporting to the VP Customer Success and Technology Sales at Henry Schein One. In addition, this leader must have a strong background in the dental industry as well as a keen understanding of Henry Schein Corporate to enable cross-teaming for strategic wins.
- Sales Executive Leadership of 40+ Team members. 6-8 Direct Reports
- Innovate and implement sales strategies that drive double-digit year over year growth and achievement of $36M+ in annual new bookings
- Track record of developing, motivating, mentoring, and retaining premier sales teams to meet goals
- Apply strong analytic acumen to develop and use a variety of metrics to evaluate performance, identify opportunities and drive success
- Strategic problem solver with a demonstrable ability to build innovative sales models, combined with the tactical ability to execute
- Accurate forecasting as we drive growth in the customer segments & across solution/product portfolios
- Coaching and mentoring of inside sales team
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams on new products, sales promotion, pricing, new and existing markets, and advertising to drive sales growth
- Clear experience in driving additional revenue through a targeted approach to the SMB market
- Verifiable track record of leading high velocity/transactional sales with deep experience in inside models which are capable of driving growth
- Produce reviews of sales performance for executive management to assess progress, drive strategic and operational changes and plan for resource investment
- Qualifications - Internal
- SCOPE: Sets vision and direction through resource allocation decisions for a significant organization or business unit. Executive responsible for multiple functions, departments, and/or geographic marketplaces. Develops and implements strategic plans and objectives for the organization in alignment with corporate strategy; oversees direction and approves tactical administrative or operational policies and resource allocation decisions to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Develops strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, technology and economic or social implications of organization activities.
- Participates in development of corporate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Approves budgets and schedules to meet corporate requirements.
Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of long-term company operations.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve highly visible activities such as speaking to or negotiating with customers, influencing other executives and/or academics, lobbying regulators or policy makers and representing the organization on matters of great significance to the organization.
- Directs and controls the activities of a complete functional area through multiple levels of management within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and approving changes to methods and practices.
- Manages a team of directors and/or high-level individual contributors.
- Manages primarily through a team of second-level managers (aka Management Level 5 Directors).
- Reports to functional-area senior VP, global corporate functional leader or corporate C-level executive, such as CEO or President.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ROLE:
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated leadership experience growing revenue ($30M+) and profit for online/software/SaaS business.
- Must have SaaS Experience $25M+
- Experience leading multiple and diverse teams of 50+
- Substantial experience owning and managing a full P&L
- Strong business sense – an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, tracks those parts, and manage activities to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Team Player – able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, mentor and coach team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Expert independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand, interpret and act on financial information and external trends that contributes to business profitability
- Plan and manage complex and successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget and assign areas of responsibility
- Lead teams to achieve company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways
- Expert planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict and navigate politics
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Lead and develop virtual teams
- Expert in multiple technical and business skills
- Strategic planning skills
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.