Account Manager/Senior Project Manager - ( 210001RF )
Our Energy & Resources Operating Unit focuses on being the trusted partner to key clients across the globe. We focus on offering sustainable solutions that help our partners deliver the materials global communities need to thrive. To support this focus, the account management process is a critical business development activity and is vital to the organic growth of our business. The Account Manager is a pivotal role in establishing and maintaining a healthy client relationship. The Account Manager drives the growth and performance of the account management team which includes diversifying our service offerings. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative, and strategic leader to enhance our relationship with a key global diversified mining client.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative team that puts people first, lives its corporate values, and works on some of the most challenging mining projects around the world? —Join us.
Our Mining Business Line is seeking an experienced Account Manager who is passionate about mining, understanding our client’s opportunities and challenges, and using that understanding to provide superior solutions. You will have direct responsibility for client service through all phases of project positioning, pursuit, and delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
Through teamwork and collaboration with our diverse team of professionals you will further position Stantec as a trusted strategic partner and expand the breadth of the relationship across our service offerings. With responsibility for client satisfaction of a key account, you will work to understand the many facets of their business including their corporate growth strategies, initiatives and expectations and then translate that understanding into superior customer service and account growth. You will support all aspects of consulting: winning, doing, and managing.
Win —Support marketing and business development efforts to grow Stantec’s partnership with the Key Client.
- Identify topical/critical/ important industry trends and leverage your knowledge of the mining industry, market, and this specific client.
- Engage our client in meaningful discussions about their most critical issues and translate those discussions into opportunities to deliver solutions.
- Introduce new Stantec service offerings to the client in collaboration with the relevant Stantec Subject Matter Experts and Technical Practice Leaders that focus on service delivery to the Mining industry.
- Prepare and maintain successful client account management plans that reflect the above.
- Work with other business developers and our marketing team to support the pursuit and capture of projects for the Key Client.
- “Zipper” the relationship with the Client organization from their corporate Executive Leadership to the operations with your personal network of contacts along with building on the numerous relationships already existing within Stantec.
- Actively participate in project pursuit decisions, and in proposal and pricing development. Coordinate with Stantec’s marketing team to develop winning proposals.
- Participate and coordinate participation in regional, national, and global industry groups to advance the Stantec brand with this client.
- Engage with client teams on establishing the strategic initiatives critical to their success
Do —Safely deliver high quality and high value consulting services to our clients.
- Be responsive to client needs in your role as a senior project manager, principal-in-charge, sponsor, and/or client service lead for projects in your client portfolio.
- Apply your knowledge of and experience in mining to projects for this client and ensure other projects have appropriate senior technical expertise sponsoring them.
- Leverage Stantec resources to ensure successful technical execution of high-quality work products that meet client needs.
- Coordinate with project managers, project engineers and scientists, clients, communities, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors to deliver the expected high quality and high value work.
Manage —Contribute to the development of our team of high-performing mining professionals.
- Build, grow, and develop a team of professionals to deliver a successful account management program.
- Provide leadership and program management on a wide variety of technical services.
- Make sound decisions for Stantec’s staff, business interests, and client, consistent with our core values: we put people first, we do what is right, we are better together, and we are driven to achieve.
- Mentor an account management successor
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrate knowledge of mining policies and trends, especially in the jurisdictions where the Key Client operates (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific).
- Have considerable professional experience in managing large mining client relationships with a focus on environmental and engineering services.
- Have preexisting relationships and experience with Key Client. Experience developing and leading successful teams that provide solutions to clients’ needs.
- Demonstrated experience in team building, delivery of integrated services, and contract negotiation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to convey complex issues to a variety of audiences, required.
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and desire for team success.
- Preference for geographical base in a location where the Client has active mines, legacy facilities, or offices (Phoenix, US; Denver, US; Lima, Peru; Santiago, Chile), or willingness to relocate.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline or engineering. Master’s preferred.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional consulting experience, demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- At least 5 years of experience with building client relations and business development.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations : United States-Colorado-Fort Collins, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Job : Project Manager
Organization : BC-2330 Mining-US Southwest
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 29, 2021, 6:03:55 AM
Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Colorado:
- Hiring Salary Range: $131,200 - $180,400 — Colorado locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
- Benefit Clause: Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).
Req ID: 210001RF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans