Providence is calling a Senior Program Coordinator, Foundation Operations and Special Projects (Full time/Day shift) toProvidence Foundation Valley in Tarzana, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE system.
We are seeking a Senior Program Coordinator, Foundation Operations and Special Projects who will be responsible for leading and coordinating all Foundation operational functions and special projects and events. Responsibilities include in-depth development of our annual strategic planning, managing all board and committees as assigned. Oversight of financial processes as assigned. Management of Kronos, overall office management, scheduling of meetings, working with HR on key hiring and staffing, proficient use of DREAM data base and other duties as assigned. Possibly manage office administrators or other team members.
In this position you will:
- Manage general office operations for the Foundation. This includes approval of timecards in Kronos, accountable for tracking foundation productivity and necessary variance reporting, ordering of needed supplies, and management and tracking of conference room usage
- Work closely with CPO and regional controller to ensure accurate and timely presentation of foundation materials including minutes, financials and other key items for board and other committee meetings. Oversees revenues that arrives to our offices and ensures the administrative team is properly accounting and handling the money, getting it to our region team and works closely with the data team to ensure accuracy of our donors gifts
- Work closely with foundation staff to ensure all event related expenses on credit cards are allocated to the correct event cost center
- Plan, monitor and manage Special Foundation Projects from initiation through completion, including overseeing project timeline and milestones, tracking progress, monitoring and communicating project status and serving as liaison with project team and stakeholders
- Serve as the site coordinator for the system-wide database transition from RE to Dream CRM. Works closely with system consultants to ensure accurate transition of data
- As with all staff, plays a support role as needed at all foundation events, which includes a variety of duties, such as registration, greeter, volunteer coordination, etc. Depending on the size and complexity of the event, may include leading and organizing efforts
- Work closely with Major Gift Officers and Events teams to ensure all donor events are handled with the utmost care and attention to detail. Handles the oversight of all donor recognition at the hospital ensuring the relationship manager of the donor is looped in at all times on projects and coordinates the installs with their own donor once the relationship manager has approved all materials when the region does not have the ability to help us make this happen in a timely fashion
- Help coordinates and possibly lead some non-foundation hospital events as requested, such as Culture of Caring
- Provide support for direct mail, event invitations and communication pieces by securing appropriate mailing lists, overseeing permits for bulk mailings and working with direct mail vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent education/experience may substitute year for year for required degree
- 3 years professional experience in fund development, event management or other directly related experience
- 1 year experience managing or coordinating projects
- Strong organizational skills. Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Takes initiative and acts proactively
- Work independently and under pressure in a busy, stressful environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of database management
- KRONOS, AZURE APPS
- Discretion is a key trait of the individual in this role
- Ability to prioritize, organize and systematically handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and independently
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Outstanding writing and speaking skills
- Experience with database management, MS Word, Word Perfect and Excel
- Computer proficiency, including but not limited to: Proficient knowledge of database management, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
About the ministry you will serve:
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Providence Foundation Valley supports a full continuum of medical services to the residents of the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys including acute inpatient care, outpatient services, rehabilitation services, emergency services (including trauma), home care services, transitional care and skilled nursing services.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 303894