Do you want to Build Something Amazing?
- Are you a mover and shaker?
- Dreamer and doer?
- Do you have a passion for customer service and thrive working with a creative and energetic team?
If so, La-Z-Boy has the perfect home for you. With an emphasis on self-motivated and energetic employees with a commitment to excellence, our people are what drives us forward. The amazing individuals La-Z-Boy hires helps us to remain a prevalent household name while also reinventing the furniture industry, one recliner, living room, or home at a time.
La-Z-Boy is looking for creative, enthusiastic individuals with a customer-first mindset to be on the forefront of the customer experience. Our retail stores aren't focused on hectic checkouts or keeping hundreds of products on the shelves. Our goal is to provide customers with a memorable, unique, and personalized experience that they won't find anywhere else.
Working at La-Z-Boy means taking part in an ever-changing organization that values developing employees' skills, and means finding a home where you can grow both personally and professionally.
Taking pride in our work with the communities we serve is also of utmost importance to La-Z-Boy. Company culture extends past corporate offices and encourages all employees to get involved in volunteerism, sustainability efforts, and participating in La-Z-Boy-sponsored charity events.
Ultimately, La-Z-Boy is looking for individuals who are excited about making houses into homes.
Responsible for the overall profitability, sales culture, sales promotions, people development, store standards/operations and customer experience excellence for their assigned La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery. Represents the Company in their store unit and therefore is held to the highest standards of ethics, integrity and professionalism.
- Responsible for achieving all sales targets and meeting budget requirement
- Reviews and acts upon all financial opportunities including expense management, margin enhancements and sales drivers
- Educates the staff on the financial realities of running a successful business
- Provides feedback and innovative ideas to the MSM on building a more profitable operation
Sales Culture and Promotions:
- Hires, trains and retains the highest quality team members who exhibit energy and enthusiasm
- Coaches to the Company selling model with the passion to drive real action
- Ensures all associates maximize the In-Home Design program, marketing initiatives, store promotions, and grass roots programs
- Present opportunities for grass roots marketing and community focused events that build sales and support our communities to the Market Manager
- Uses the Company metrics to coach the proper behaviors needed to be a world class selling organization
- Create an environment where the store team is empowered to deliver excellent customer service aligned with company processes and standards and where they are encouraged to achieve company goals
- Hiring and developing talent, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent
- Keeps a detailed succession plan to ensure there is never a vacancy in any key position
- Utilizes Company resources to keep associates up to date on product knowledge, selling skills and operational efficiencies
- Treasures diversity and staffs to meet the demands of the community
- Works closely with the Regional Human Resource Managers to stay current with all HR training and legal requirements
- Leads all store activities with the highest ethical standards and demands the same from their teams
- Ensures associates are provided the necessary tools to perform job responsibilities
- Improve all store associates self-knowledge, effectiveness, and efficiency through weekly meetings with the emphasis on total customer satisfaction.
- Coach and counsel team based on results
Store Standards/ Operations:
- Follows the Company programs to keep a clean, well merchandised store
- Trains and follows up on the store teams on areas such as cycle counts, accounting procedures, RMS procedures and store line ups.
- Works with the Market Sales Manager to assist the merchandising team to execute all lineup changes and sell thru strategies (clearance)
- Executes all tagging and sign programs 100% to the Company standard
- Ensure all associates accurately complete required paperwork, including order entry, delivery schedules, customer records, and deposit fees
- Submit required paperwork to Human Resources in a timely manner regarding employee changes, new hires, terminations, etc.
Customer Experience Excellence:
- Sets the highest standard for customer care
- Personally greets and welcomes guests into their store
- Ensures the Company plan or better on prospecting new customers
- Is innovative in finding ways to delight their guests
- Is intolerant of any lack of customer caring by the staff
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related study preferred; or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience managing a business unit, retail background preferred
- Experience managing in a Retail environment with a strong focus on sales
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of profit and loss, strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and experience in building effective and productive working relationships
- Proven analytical ability utilizing information technologies in managing the business to translate into strategic plan
- Goal oriented – Energetically focuses efforts on meeting goals, mission or objective
- Proven history of managing a team, improving team’s performance and productivity
- Proven track record of customer service excellence
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work the schedule and hours dictated by business needs, to include evenings, weekends and holidays
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for directly leading the leadership team of the store and indirectly the selling and design team.