- Develop and implement cloud architecture by performing detailed infrastructure engineering design and providing technical roadmaps for future infrastructure to meet U.S. Census Bureau business requirements.
- Document appropriate technology business case analysis.
- Collaborate with Operations, Security, Networking, and Application Development teams on solutions design and implementation.
- Incorporate strong systems engineering principals to ensure the security, reliability, and scalability of infrastructure components for better operational performance.
- Lead cloud planning and design of new technologies and existing technology enhancement.
- Must have 10+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an enterprise data center or infrastructure environment.
- Must have 2+ years of AWS Engineering experience including hands on design and implementation of AWS account structures, VPC, networking, patching and data protection in AWS, Systems Manager, etc.
- Must have a demonstrated detailed understanding of RedHat Linux operating systems architecture (version 6, 7 & 8) with clustering to support such applications as SAS, Oracle, web and compatible application systems in a private or public cloud environment.
- Must have a demonstrated detailed understanding of VMware architecture and virtualized machines.
- Extensive hands on experience providing Third Tier support to a large enterprise environment, with a focus on customer service.
- Experience deploying infrastructure as a code using Terraforms, Ansible, or CloudFormation.
- Certification in one or more of the following:
- Must have - AWS Certifications – Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator.
- Preferable - Red Hat Certifications – RHCE.
- Preferable - VMware Certification - VCA-DCV or higher.
- Other Skills / Experience:
- Must be familiar with implementing procedures, methods, and tools, that comply with government Cyber Security Controls and requirements (NIST 800-53).
- Must be able to relate to a diverse group of people including technical and development personnel, management, business customers, and vendors in a constructive and effective manner.
- Must have a solid technical background coupled with desire and ability to grasp skills quickly, combined with deep attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely resourceful, organized, and a problem solver. Someone who respects others ideas, who is a team player, and an excellent listener.
- Project and work flow management skills are highly desired.
The proposed salary range for this position is $150,000- $175,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.Company Description:
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.