The primary focus of a Fleet Specialist is to execute on various day to day activities to ensure vehicles are rental ready in both status and location. This individual will coordinate processes such as registration, inventory, staging, and tracking non-retable vehicles.
The Fleet Specialist will also split their time between an office setting and outside. Working with vehicles outside, but also handling emails, report generation and review, as well as some meetings.
- Coordinate the activities required to make vehicles rental ready such as inspections and registrations, as well as execute to complete these functions
- Help organize the staging of vehicles on lot to ensure that quick action is taken for vehicles based on their status
- Review non-rentable units (out of service) and fleet levels, working with the Pool Fleet Manager to resolve status issues and get cars back on the road
- As needed inventory vehicles and monitoring asset control, to include adding new asset tags to incoming fleet and ensuring that current fleet is properly monitored
- Responsible for the completion of Administrative duties such as data entry, responding to emails, viewing reports, and attending conference calls
- Will help coordinating transportation and car haulers
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid U.S drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
- 20 years of age
- Prior experience in the car rental industry preferred, but not required.
- Prior asset control experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior logistic or transportation experience preferred, but not required.
- Must have ability to work with computers and tablets
- Must have the ability to navigate GPS mapping application and follow guided directions
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must be adaptable and flexible, ability to quickly change direction and focus
- Must be self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Must be able to work in inclement weather outdoors
- Must be flexible for scheduling. Some positions may require nights, holidays, and / or weekends.
- Transportation and Logistics
- Automotive fleet services clerk
- Fleet services assistant
- Admin Account Coordinator
- Commercial Fleet Coordinator
- Fleet initiatives agent
- Motor vehicle associate
- Fleet Planner / Fleet Planning / Fleet Distribution / Fleet liaison
- Fleet Clerk / Fleet Admin / Fleet Administrator
- Vehicle Coordinator / Vehicle Associate
- Fleet Support Specialist / Ground Fleet Support
- City / County / School Department / Public Safety fleet department operations
- DMV / DMV Title / DMV Contract / Department Motor Vehicles Clerk, Agent, or Organizer
- Inventory control
- QC / Quality Control
- Operations Coordinator
- Attendant outside services
- Shipping and receiving coordinator
- Asset coordinator
- Logistics operator
- Data entry specialist
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.