The Business Development Specialist (BDS) supports and implements business development projects for practice divisions as assigned. In this role, the BDS supports the Business Development Manager(s) (BDMs), Director of Business Development and Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer. The BDS is responsible to build a working knowledge of the firm's and the specific division's services, attorney experience, and marketing tactics available. The BDS ensures execution of business development activities, including tracking pipelines, collecting attorney experience, preparing pitch materials, and facilitating follow up on assignments.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 2-4 years marketing or business development experience, preferably as part of a professional services firm.
- A proven track record of attention to detail, excellence in client service, and professional writing capabilities.
- Advanced level computer experience, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Law Firm experience preferred.
- Experience with data management, event management, and content marketing preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Business Development Implementation (60%)
- Serve as secondary business development and marketing liaison to Practice Divisions as assigned. Implement action plans.
- Manage Practice Division pipelines, tracking goals for key clients/prospects, and following up with attorneys to ensure execution and follow-through.
- Support responses to proposals and pitches, coordinating with BDMs, Proposal Manager, and other staff members to prepare response and collect approvals as necessary.
- Collect and prepare content for rankings and directories, as well as related materials.
- Collect and track experience data and business development activities using technology tools available at the time.
- Management & Budgeting (25%)
- Collaborate with BDMs, PDCs and other leaders to prepare agendas for divisions, sub-groups, client teams and other relevant meetings.
- Content marketing
- Prepare, track and report on business development related activities.
- Support coordination across business development team and throughout marketing department.
- Track results of various marketing and business development activities to evaluate return on investment, including:
- Events and sponsorships
- Social media and digital content (incl. LinkedIn & Blogs)
- Public Relations and Communications (10%)
- Identify PR and profile-raising opportunities for the Communications team.
- Work with the BDM and Communications Manager to implement Firm and practice area public relations programs.
- Assist in managing online content and presence associated with practice groups.
- General and Administrative (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong professional, independent thinking skills with strength in problem solving and the ability to offer constructive opinions and creative solutions.
- A team player who motivates and educates other team members.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel to other offices as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the person in this position will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a professional, fast paced office environment that may require additional hours to complete work.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. If an employee is unable to perform the essential functions of the position, Stinson LLP will evaluate whether a reasonable accommodation can be made to enable the employee to perform the described essential functions of the position. Generally, due to the nature of this office position, while performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Stinson LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Stinson LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential. We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson LLP application process should contact Human Resources at 316.268.7962 or email [email protected]
By submitting this application, you certify the information provided is true to the best of your knowledge and belief. You understand that being untruthful in response to any of the answers provided within this application or any of the attached documents may lead to your termination in the event you are employed. If employed, you will be required to provide documentation showing you are legally authorized to work in the United States. We conduct criminal background checks of all individuals offered employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time