Core Service Standards
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. Steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain an account base, as designated by Sales Leadership, to achieve revenue goals through proactive sales, prompt response to all inquiries and correspondence from clients, prospects and lead referrals and follow up on assigned sales leads
- Be responsible for and implement a sales action plan for the development of the designated market segments with or without food and beverage which includes Prospecting calls, outside sales calls, performing site tours, related sales trips, trade show participation and entertainment.
- Execute sales calls, trade shows and sales trips as designated. Driving and travel will be required.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports of sales calls and marketing actions as requested by Sales Leadership.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs
- Pushing/Pull 20 lbs
- Carry up to 20 lbs
- Infrequent Bending / kneeling
- Frequent Walking
- Frequent Standing
- Frequent Sitting
- Climbing steps
- Able to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and guests.
- Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of hotel group sales experience.
- Exceptional prospecting and negotiation skills
- Experience/account knowledge of the Mid-Atlantic Region preferred.
- Direct experience with all or some of the following hotel segments is required: Group: Corporate, Association, SMERF, Catering Events
- Knowledge of Delphi FDC preferred
- Professional written correspondence skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate gaming license as mandated by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.
- Strong sales, negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent cold calling & prospecting skills
- Excellent time management, self-motivation
- Relationship building / networking skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, guest relations and organizational skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- A drive for results
- Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 (k) with company match
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- No. of employees supervised: No formal supervisory responsibility.
- Travel required: Frequent for outside sales calls.