We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for experienced data engineers to build a cloud-based data analytics solution for the life science industry. If you are passionate about data and are eager to design and build data platforms from the ground up this is the role for you. The data analytics platform will provide data ingestion, data storage, and rich data analytics capabilities with elegant visualization dashboards.
What You'll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new cloud infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in software developmentDrive new features and improvements in a fast-changing environment
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and direct value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our stack including backend (primary), front-end, and DevOps
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years experience in Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with open source technologies such as: Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Solr, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat, Linux, AWS, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience in relational databases with a mastery of SQL
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]