Manufacturing Helper- Manufacturing/Ops Coord (Afternoon)
If you are a current employee click here to apply.
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, and Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.7 billion in sales and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 123 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
This role is based at our Sealed Air Canada head office and manufacturing facility located in Brampton, ON, and is part of our Product Care division. Our location produces lightweight foam, Jiffy lite bubble padded mailers, bubble wrap products, and other protective packaging products. Sealed Air Canada offers a close-knit, safe, team-oriented, high-performing work environment with competitive wages, health and dental benefits, retirement savings benefits, and pay-for-performance incentives. We pride ourselves with our commitment to safety and have received awards for our team’s safety culture. Teamwork is one of our biggest values - we have many long-tenured employees as part of our Sealed Air family and are looking for new faces to join our team!
Afternoon Shift 3:30 pm – 11:30 pm Requisition ID# 33780
- Approximately 40 hours per week, however weekly hours can vary
- Must be available for other shifts or shift switches on short notice in order to cover for the following: vacation, sickness, overtime or any other situation where it is deemed necessary by management and available for overtime coverage.
- May be required to rotate production lines.
Working at the Brampton location, the Manufacturing Helper aides in the manufacturing process of quality packaging products such as foam packaging, paper packaging and Bubble Wrap®. Helps maintain the production, quality, safety, and housekeeping company standards, and maintains a good working relationship in team settings. Works in a safe manner and follows all safety procedures and policies.
Capable of learning and following company’s housing keeping standards and maintain a safe and clean environment. Has a good understanding of when and how to clean parts and machinery. Aides the Operator in safely changing machine parts. Accurately places recyclable material in appropriate bins.
Follows direction from Manufacturing Operator based on the shift production schedule. Helps gather and measure raw materials and parts to required specifications. Prepares station for production process and aides in manufacturing of quality products. Helps the Manufacturing Operator on the machine lines with operation feed, speed and temperature. Aides the Manufacturing Operator in safe and efficient storage of finished products. The successful candidate must be able to maintain the production, quality, safety, and housekeeping company standards; and, maintain a good working relationship in team settings. Able to help complete all required reports, as well as troubleshoot when problems arise. Follow additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manufacturing Operator and Supervisor, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- English communication skills (Speaking, Reading, Writing)
- Good work ethic, good attendance record, and positive attitude
- Physically able work in a fast-passed manufacturing environment and able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. throughout the workday
- Understands WHMIS labelling and identify potential work hazards
- Work collaboratively with team members and be able to take direction
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using Sealed Air’s global resources and expertise.
- Corporate sustainability. It’s about improving the lives of people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the communities where we and our customers operate.
- Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air it’s more than a goal, it’s an integral part of our business practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
- Leaving our communities better than we found them through dedication of time, talent and resources.