Posted Date: Jun 15 2021
** Please note - this role will commence as a 14 month contract opportunity **
- Lead and manage the district to sell promoted products to all customers according to the strategy and direction.
- Develop business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives. Prepare all required paperwork and administrative procedures to support hiring and assessment activities.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures to insure 100% compliant implementation.
- Ensure effective distribution of products in the district including adequate stocking and adequate coverage of all distribution channels.
- Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
- In addition to national and regional meetings, overnight travel may be involved.
- District Sales Managers are expected to travel within their territories average of 3 days per week to support and coach fields sales representatives.
- GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
- BA/BSc/BComm degree required from an accredited institution
- People Management and Coaching ability
- Strong Business Knowledge
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary
- Candidate must be able to travel extensively in the territory
- Valid driver's license
- 2 years in a staff or headquarters-based position plus completion of a management development training program and/or special assignments.
- Expert knowledge of territory and organization analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of the local healthcare structure, hospital landscape and the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment.
- Mastery of selling skills.
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience working in the Respiratory therapeutic area
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company – leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected] Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.