Picture this: It’s a busy day in B2B SaaS sales and you’re in the middle of mapping out the buying committee for a fast-moving opportunity, which is just one of your personal 200+ target accounts. You find it easy to focus thanks to the music streaming into your headset while you seamlessly glide from LinkedIn Sales Navigator to ZoomInfo to Salesforce to learn more about ICP decision-makers who you’ll build H2H relationships with over the coming days and weeks.
This is not your average sales job opportunity. Keep reading to find out why.
PathFactory helps B2B marketers understand the role of content in the buyer’s journey and discover a new class of data to optimize the path to purchase. PathFactory uses this data and insight to optimize content delivery across every channel, connecting buyers with the most relevant information whenever and wherever they click.
This role requires a proven track record of success in sales and an eagerness to work in a fast-paced start-up with significant accountability. You will be on the front lines of growing PathFactory’s share of the market. You are an expert at managing the full sales cycle, especially qualifying, consulting, proposing, and closing new business. You must have experience working for a SaaS company, preferably in the marketing technology sector. Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities at the same time are essential for this role. You must be an A-team player, self-motivated, and driven to win.
What is a typical day at PathFactory like for Commercial Account Executives?
- Gain a deep understanding of our marketing technology product set in order to communicate our value proposition to prospects.
- Generate and own a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities with key accounts – both named and unnamed. You will be expected to generate your own opportunities while being supported by a Business Development Representative.
- Deploy a consultative sales approach and manage complex B2B (some B2C) sales cycles while effectively communicating the PathFactory value proposition to C-level executives.
- Build an active relationship with potential clients through phone calls, and emails
- Lead the deal negotiation process with prospects, including contracting, deal terms, and final legal review with our CFO and COO.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to translate market feedback into our go-to-market approach and product roadmap.
- Be proactive in communicating cross-functionally with the whole company, especially with our Marketing and Operations teams.
“An exciting role where you can expand your client-centric value-driven selling skills in a collaborative and empowered environment. We hope you join our exciting team that works together to drive transformational change for our clients.” —Jeremy Mazzurco, Senior Director Revenue Operations and Commercial Sales
What does PathFactory look for when hiring Commercial Account Executives?
We look for people who are willing and hungry to learn all about PathFactory and most importantly understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us. Our treasure trove of customer case studies makes this quite easy. Are you able to anticipate the client’s needs and prescribe clear next steps? Do you want to collaborate with your peers but also lead your own book of business?
- 2-5 years of proven consultative sales experience selling to C-level with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline, qualify a high volume of new opportunities, and close deals. SaaS experience is required. Marketing Technology experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in a quota-carrying role; responsible for meeting and exceeding a quarterly goal.
- Experience in evangelizing, communicating, building relationships, and recommending solutions to senior-level decision-makers and stakeholders at Commercial accounts, on the phone, and in person. Key stakeholders include Marketing, IT, and Sales.
- Proven experience and knowledge on how to sell on “value” vs features and benefits
- Active listening skills and a genuine curiosity to uncover customer needs, evaluation processes, and solution potential.
- Desire to be in technology sales and have a growth mindset. You are highly coachable and committed to developing your sales skills and learning our products and process, so you can be highly successful as an individual contributor.
- Previous sales methodology training, knowledge of marketing automation & strong customer references would be considered strong assets
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience working with Salesforce.
- Be passionate about marketing technology, marketing, and winning in a highly competitive market.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
The position is remote in Canada.
Why is working for this leadership team a great career experience?
PathFactory CEO, Dev Ganesan, is the former CEO of ItemMaster, a product content management company and PathFactory customer that was acquired by Gladson (now Syndigo) in January 2019. Prior to ItemMaster, he led Fishbowl, Inc., a leading restaurant marketing and analytics company, and Aptara, a digital content and publishing leader. Ganesan has in-depth experience in building and scaling companies in the digital, mobile, content, and data analytics industries. He is the recipient of the Ernst & Young 2017 Entrepreneur-of-the-Year award, Future 50 award in 2014 and 2013, and was recognized as a Washington Tech Titan in 2013.
PathFactory COO, Helen Baptist, brings extensive SaaS go-to-market experience spanning the complete customer lifecycle, specializing in aligning revenue and customer teams to drive significant results and return on investment. At ItemMaster, she oversaw sales, marketing, and customer success, resulting in 84% YoY growth and a 74-point improvement in customer satisfaction. Prior to ItemMaster, she was Senior Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Fishbowl, a restaurant customer engagement platform that was acquired by a private equity firm in 2017, and held a number of senior roles at AARP and Carlson Marketing (now Aimia).
Why Work at PathFactory?
This is where we get to boast a little about why we’re awesome and why it would be awesome for you to work with us. PathFactory is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity. We work hard and play hard, and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our company promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly all-hands meetings, company events, and an Employee of the Quarter award for the team member who best embodies our values – these are all cherries on top of the PathFactory cake!
- Competitive salary
- 2 days paid VTO (volunteer time off) every year to help impact your community
- Education and learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Continuing Business Education through monthly “DevTalks” with global thought leaders
- Customer Love - check out our TrustRadius and G2 Crowd reviews to hear what our customers say
- Ranked #322 on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 North America (314% revenue growth)
- Awarded the inaugural Visionary CX ISV Partner of the Year award winner in the 2020 Oracle Markie Awards
- Awarded the 2020 Top-Rated Content Marketing Software by TrustRadius
- Named Fall 2020 Content Experience Leader by G2
- Listed as a 2019 Cool Vendor in Technology Marketing by Gartner
Interested? We’d love to hear from you
If you believe you have the right stuff, apply below. Attach your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this job! We are marketers, not HR people, so feel free to let a bit of your personality come through
PathFactory is an equal opportunity employer.
It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. PathFactory is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.