Cloud Infrastructure Development Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Development Team
The Cloud Infrastructure Development Team was chartered after the business decision to invest in common technology platforms in support of a new Print Digital Ecosystem. This significant business strategy is being led by the HP Print Software Platforms and Solutions organization. Our team is currently focused on building out an Infrastructure Platform in support of Cloud SW Solution development, as well as onboarding and supporting service development teams integrating with the platform. The Platform supports common tools and processes in the areas of CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes, Testing, Databases, Messaging, Monitoring.
This role is for a SW development engineer to join the core platform development team. The engineer will be engaged in providing direct support to service development teams who use the platform as well as maintaining and developing new and existing components of the platform across such areas as, CI pipeline, tool integrations, test processes, deployment architecture, monitoring, documentation, self-service initiatives. In addition, the team has begun development of a web portal aimed at providing improved self-service capabilities to our service development teams.
- Partner with team architects and developers to build expertise on the key capabilities and processes supported by the platform (CI/CD, IaaS, Deployment, Monitoring, etc.)
- Facilitate onboarding and ongoing technical discussions with partner solution development teams
- Provide guidance, training, and documentation to partner dev teams
- Provide direct technical support for development engineers using the pipeline and other core elements of the platform (pipeline, test framework, deployment process, logging, monitoring, etc.)
- Improve platform elements (code, documentation, process elements) in alignment with rest of the development team
- Provide operations support as needed for production infrastructure. This may include off-hours on-call support rotations.
- Ownership for components of the self-service web portal in use by partner development teams
- Demonstrated SW development experience, Web application development and deployment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (CS or closely related degree)
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Strong teamwork, leadership, communication, collaboration & partnering skills
- SW development lifecycle, quality processes, agile development, scrum, systems triage, SaaS
Desired Experience and knowledge
- MS in a technical discipline
- Cloud operations experience – deployment, logging, tracing, monitoring, incident management (e.g., CloudWatch, Splunk, New Relic, VictorOps, StatusPage, Jaeger, Jira, etc.)
- Large scale distributed systems experience
- Progressive Delivery concepts and tools (feature flags, canary deployments, contract testing)
- Proven problem solving & decision-making capabilities
- Partner support engineer experience