Promote long term customer satisfaction. Professional development through attendance at sales meetings, seminars, training courses, etc. Complete customer application surveys, research vendors, develop proposals/quotes and prepare all post-sale required paperwork. Involvement in open houses, info-seminars, trade shows, and other customer-related programs. Work closely with other departments within the organization to resolve customer problems. Accuracy of the Equipment Depot database – including customer name, address, and contacts. Develop stronger ties with existing customers, and bring in new customers. Report both won and lost orders for both equipment and aftermarket services. Complete required paperwork on a timely basis. Assist A/R in the collection of past due invoices as necessary. Promote a full range of Equipment Depot represented products and brands. Other tasks that are required for the successful performance of the above.
Responsible for Effective Professional Selling Principles in the working environment. Increase overall revenues of OEM New Sales Equipment, Used Equipment Sales and Dealer Aftermarket products. Increase visibility including market share for unit and aftermarket sales for both current and new customers. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop strategic plans and work with the local management to ensure a market position of assigned accounts.
- Manage the development and activity of assigned territory and accounts including the selling process.
- Call on current and target accounts, develop and make sales presentations and ensure adequate sales service. Responsible for effective communications with the retail network and pre and post-sales issues.
- Work closely with sales and marketing management to study and develop sales and marketing strategies to support selling to all customers within assigned territory
- Manage and control travel and entertainment expenses.
- Collaborate with branch management and internal departments regarding receivables, allied equipment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and build new relationships with potential key customers.
- Listens attentively to others, asks clarifying questions, actively listens, stays open to other viewpoints, manages distractions and interruptions.
- Understands the importance of timely follow up with customers, managers, and staff making communication a top priority.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: College Degree Preferred
Experience: 2 - 5 years proven sales professional preferred
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge and abilities of Microsoft Office products prior knowledge and use of CRM a plus
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Requirements: 20% travel required
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.