Can you be a multitasker, who represents our company to our clients, on the one hand, enforcing good relationships as well as, and on the other hand collaborating with colleagues to ensure optimal service levels?
Do you like the “work hard, play hard” mentality of the logistics industry for bulk liquid transport?
Is your focus aimed at improving and growing relationships together with colleagues and customers?
Then we might be looking for you. We are looking for a new Business Development Manager to join our team in Houston, TX reporting to the Sales Director. You will play a vital role in our sales organization to help drive the retention and growth of current and new customers by enhancing and broaden relationships. As a responsible counterpart of our customers’ logistics solutions, you will work closely with other departments internationally, transport partners, and shipping lines to meet and improve service levels.
What will you do?
You will chase sales initiatives and capture growth opportunities for the future by ensuring correct and timely sales quotations, including keeping an up-to-date record of all communication from and to our existing customer base. This way you create the baseline for our customer satisfaction, maintenance, and growth of our customer relationships;
- You will be the one following up on commercial agreements with customers and communicate details with other departments within our organization globally. Close interaction is needed specifically with our Operations and Finance teams as well as external parties like transportation partners and shipping lines;
- You will be strengthening and enhancing our current approach to new customers. With your charm, you will be (involved in) acquiring prospects based on your capabilities of selling our added value and full service across all trade lanes to our potential customers.
What do we expect from you?
- You have proven (broad) commercial and operational knowledge of the transportation industry, preferably in international ocean freight shipping specifics and related cost/ revenue drivers;
- With your knowledge and network you are able to independently expand and develop our sales activities in a profitable way;
- You are disciplined and motivated in your structured approach to existing and new customers; you like to keep a good record of things;
- Your entrepreneurial spirit is an example for other colleagues;
- You are internationally oriented and flexible;
- You bring a postgraduate degree in International Trade or Transport/Logistics or Ocean Transportation; flexitank experience a plus!
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision cover (Fully paid for by the company)
- Life, AD&D & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan & Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Growth Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business development: 4 years (Preferred)
- 3PL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ocean Freight: 2 years (Preferred)