Requisition ID: 109771
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Technology Business Lead's primary role is to elicit, analyze, validate, define and write the business requirements and technology independent processes and solutions that meet the needs for various business areas. This role will bridge the gap between the business and technology solution providers (e.g. vendors, infrastructure team and development team). The Technology Business Lead is usually involved in medium and large size projects including critical programs.
The Technology Business Lead has years of deep, practical business analysis experience with repeated practice in a variety of complex situations. The Technology Business Lead is expected to act as a mentor to Project Analysts and Business Analysts. The Technology Business Lead will also support requirements related project activities across the lifecycle of the project (e.g. design and development, testing, implementation). The Technology Business Lead will report directly to the Senior Manager of Business Analyst in the IT Dept.
Is this role right for you?
- Work with the Project Owner, Project Sponsor and Project Manager to document the project vision and the project’s scope.
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements and distribute relevant information, documentation and artifacts to project stakeholders.
- Responsible for the preparation, completion and compliance of business requirements based on business needs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Supports the Project Manager/Lead or Product Owner to manage requirements related activities and deliverables throughout the project life cycle (e.g. change requests, issues, risks, schedules, status reporting etc.).
- Work with the Project Delivery Teams to identify, anticipate, assess, manage and resolve issues and risks related to requirements' activities and deliverables.
- Translate standard business requirements into relevant, IT-specific summaries and instructions.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Analyze data related to active and/or proposed projects.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs.
- Work collaboratively with Business and IT staff to develop and maintain thorough knowledge of product, system and process capabilities, ensuring precise communications between IT and stakeholders, technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Serves as the conduit between the business, external vendor and IT through which requirements flow.
Skills you need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience in a Technology Business Lead role with preference in the digital space (Mobile, Web/Online)
- Project management experience is an asset
- Comprehensive and working knowledge of both Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methods including waterfall and agile or a hybrid
- Extensive experience with aligning stakeholders and communicating information that enables leaders, teams and stakeholders to have transparency on the underlying issues and potential solutions in varying settings including workshops, small group sessions or one-on-one meetings
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) certification is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the various disciplines of a software development lifecycle (i.e. requirements management, analysis and design, testing, implementation, deployment, change configuration and management, etc.)
- Strong business analysis skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Technical background is considered an asset
- High proficiency in MS Word and MS Visio, with demonstrated experience using other
- Working knowledge in the use of JIRA / Confluence
- Strong presentation, facilitation, analysis and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with focus on time management to meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver seamless execution whether on-site or remote
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Effective leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and results-oriented; be diligent and work with a sense of urgency
- Very strong organizational sense and effective time and priority management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, managers and subject matter experts and ability to negotiate (able to express oneself clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing) effectively to manage project delivery and project coordination of complex activities
What’s in it for you!!
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package:
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You’ll get access to various training resources to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.