Route Relief Sales Representative - Grocery Sales Division
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Please ensure sure your internet browser is updated to the latest version. Candidates have experienced issues with submitting applications from older browser versions.
- Works with sales manager to plan route relief schedules in advance
- Performs route relief to deliver products, equipment and supplies to existing customers
- Solicits existing customers to purchase additional products
- Collects payments from customers.
- Maintains proper selection and inventory of products for each customer
- Records and maintains sales, inventory and delivery information
- Responsible for loading and maintaining truck inventory
- Ensures freshness of products on shelf
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Responsible for maintaining coffee brewing equipment on route
- Participates in tradeshows and special events to promote the company's products and services
- Responsible for route’s daily bank deposits
- Cleans truck and performs routine maintenance
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One year of relevant customer sales and service experience
- Route sales and cold calling experience in DSD environment preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s license required; A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required for vehicles 26,000 lbs or greater
- Acceptable driving record
- DOT medical certification required
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Team oriented
- regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms;
- frequently required to stand, walk; climb or balance; regularly has to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl;
- regularly required to get in and out of a vehicle.
- must be able to frequently lift 40 pounds and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- occasionally push or pull up to 100 pounds using a rolling pallet or similar equipment, often up or down a slight incline or ramp.
- specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Field Sales Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas.
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Pay Type
- Required Education