A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Due to the tremendous success we have enjoyed, exciting opportunities exist within our Sales organization for technical sales Solution Engineers (SE). This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape.
The VMware Solution Engineer plays an important role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts. The SE is a high-impact, highly visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts in the Healthcare sector.
- The SE works hand-in-hand with the VMware Field Sales teams to develop and deliver customer solutions.
- The SE is the technical leader for their territory both internally and with our customers helping to evangelize our solutions and develop compelling visions for our customers and focusing on successful customer outcomes.
- The SE seeks to build deep, consultative relationships with their customer, effectively becoming a trusted adviser. As a trusted advisor the SE will understand the customer's high-level business objectives, and match these to VMware solutions to satisfy the business and technical requirements.
- The SE is comfortable presenting and demonstrating VMware’s value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels at their customer including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Everyone is responsible for pipeline growth. A great SE always seeks to identify new customer opportunity or demand for VMware solutions in their named accounts, as well as participate in demand generating events and activities. SEs track these opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Once an opportunity is identified, the SE is a critical member in developing the opportunity and moving it towards closure. Key activities include technical discovery, overall solution design as well as the technical validation, presentation and demonstration of the solution.
- The SE will engage and work collaboratively with the extended team to ensure a complete technically validated solution is presented to the customer
- The SE works collaboratively with their Account Executive to develop business cases and value justifications to support world-class value propositions to your customer.
- SEs constantly seek to expand their technical expertise and knowledge of VMware technologies, industry direction and trends, and competitor’s solutions via enablement and internal training offerings
- As a group, SEs communicate and collaborate with their peers and colleagues on trends, product feedback, customer success, etc.
- Experience in the information technology industry and possess relevant technical experience.
- Familiarity and experience within the healthcare market and a desire to work with customers to transform this vital industry.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- You have been in the information technology industry and possess relevant technical experience, with preference for technical sales or customer-facing consulting experience.
- Significant industry knowledge and experience in areas such as: Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Hyper converged Infrastructure (HCI), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or infrastructure security
- Expertise in enterprise applications, systems security, cloud or systems management, and business continuity
- Your strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with your listening and questions-based selling skills help you see the “big picture” and develop innovative solutions to your customer’s challenges.
- You should have strong networking skills and be able to effective in a matrixed organization
- You will travel up to 50% of the time
- Your BA/BS degree or equivalent gives you the skills to continually learn
- You will be able to achieve a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation or similar technical certification.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.