PHT Systems is a distributor of foodservice equipment, breading and seasonings, and supplies from leading manufacturers, serving grocery and restaurant customers throughout the nation. We have been in business for 40 years and what sets us apart is our dedication to our customers beyond the sale. Our success is only possible due to our great team.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, motivated, and customer oriented individual working out of our Yorba Linda, CA office. We are looking for someone with the ability to work independently and to diagnose and solve problems.
The Sales Consultant will join PHT Systems’ sales team and be responsible for meeting our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives, with a primary focus on sales of commercial foodservice equipment. Duties of the Sales Consultant include promoting and selling PHT Systems’ products, conducting equipment demonstrations, prospecting, generating leads, and building relationships. The Sales Consultant should be driven and possess strong communication skills.
Objectives and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solicit new business opportunities in an assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate PHT Systems’ value proposition.
- Ensure good customer service, maintain relationships with customers, and enhance the company’s image.
- Keep management informed through use of CRM and other activity-based reports.
- Monitor competitors’ products and pricing.
- Effectively communicate with team members, other departments, and management.
- Monitor project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time.
- Meet and exceed sales targets.
- Perform work after hours and weekends, when necessary.
Compensation and Benefitsinclude competitive salary and commission (based on experience), company car, medical and dental insurance, health savings account, life & disability insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan.
Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. but as a Sales Consultant you will be expected to work earlier or later or on weekends as required by the customer’s schedule and as necessary to achieve sales goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and responsibilities listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, equipment manuals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, margin, percent, and profit and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a relevant field and two to four years related experience and/or training, or significant relevant experience with a demonstrated record of success.
- Knowledge of commercial foodservice equipment preferred.
- Business-to-business sales experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- ServSafe certified to conduct cooking demonstrations of the equipment – can achieve certification while on the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Self-motivated and growth oriented with strong work ethic.
- Team player, capable of understanding other points of view.
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence with excellent listening and negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Must have a clean driving record (no DWIs or DUIs within past 7 years).
- Able to pass employment background check and drug screening test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work will generally be done in a standard office environment or at a customer store or foodservice operation location. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may at times be loud at customer locations. Travel outside the office to visit customers is required and overnight travel out of town and out of state may occasionally be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- relevant/sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- On the road