SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners - in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As part of the Foundation, Search, and Voice Science team, you will design and build the next generation of Pandora, SiriusXM, and Stitcher’s voice experiences. Voice enables new personalized content discovery and provides users more control than previously possible across our mobile apps, automotive products, and third-party devices (e.g., Alexa, Google Home, Roku, etc.). You will launch novel experiences, and improve existing ones, by designing algorithms, training models, launching experiments, and analyzing performance. You will join a team of scientists with diverse expertise in machine learning, statistics, natural language understanding, and recommendation systems.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be an expert in areas spanning speech recognition, natural language processing and understanding, dialog management, personalization, natural language generation, and information retrieval. You will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and product managers to research and invent state-of-the-art solutions in these fields to impact over 100MM listeners. In this role you will proactively communicate and coordinate with cross-functional teams to navigate complex and uncertain environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design, experiment with, and build machine learning systems, for voice and search products.
- Propose, design, and analyze new experiments to validate scientific hypotheses.
- Build production data pipelines and models at scale, and review methods and code of other scientists.
- Generate ideas for high-leverage, long-term projects with broad reach.
- Plan and execute large projects spanning several quarters.
- Promote and role-model best practices of data science, engineering, and communication throughout the organization.
- Mentor and guide research and development of other scientists.
- M.S. in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics, Physics, Math, Computational Linguistics, Neuroscience, etc.) or equivalent additional experience.
- 2+ years of research and development industry-experience in NLU/P, conversational AI, chat bots, dialog management, search, or voice/dialog systems.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at the Data Scientist level.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated research and development in natural language processing/understanding, voice/dialog systems, or information retrieval.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineers, and product audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and lead teams.
- Demonstrated ability to invent novel data science, machine learning, and engineering solutions and deploy them at scale.
- Passion for data-driven research, development, and experimentation.
- Self-motivated, growth-oriented, and driven to pursue solutions to challenging problems.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Expertise with contemporary techniques/tools for NLP (e.g., word2vec, RNNs, transformers, spacy, Hugging Face, BERT).
- Experience with ML-frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, TensorFlow Serving, PyTorch,, scikit-learn).
- Production experience implementing machine learning pipelines and models at scale in Python, Java, Scala, or similar languages.
- Proficiency with distributed processing, warehousing, and orchestration frameworks (e.g., Spark, Hive, Airflow, etc.).
- Experience with the research and development workflow/life-cycle for large-scale batch and streaming machine learning systems.
- Ability to gather stakeholder requirements and evaluate technical trade-offs.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field, with a focus on natural language processing/understanding or computational linguistics.
- Demonstrated scientific excellence through publishing in first-tier conferences (e.g., ACL, EMNLP, SigIR, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI).
- Experience with any of the following:
- Cloud computing: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure.
- Additional ML concepts: Learning to Rank, Language generation, Reinforcement learning.
- MLOps tools and practices: feature stores (e.g. Feast), ML pipelines (e.g., TFX/MLFlow/Kubeflow), continuous retraining, serving (e.g., TFServing/KFServing).
More details about our company benefits can be found here!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.