Are you driven by a passion for spearheading industry-leading business development initiatives? Do you excel in cultivating business relationships with clients across the Department of State (DoS) landscape? If so, a career as a Client Relationship Executive could be the role of a lifetime for you.
Deloitte is seeking high performing candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, significant DoS experience, strong relationship management skills and a proven track record in selling professional services to Government & Public Services (GPS) clients.
As a Department of State Client Relationship Executive, you will:
- Drive targeting efforts across the breadth of a client's business units and functions
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
- Build relationships with key executives to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and close sales
- Identify and influence key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assist the account team with qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
- Play a leadership role in pursuits and an oversight role in the development of proposals
- Coordinate the efforts of Deloitte's cross-disciplinary teams
- Work closely with Deloitte's Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) to ensure that the client business and financial plan is developed, monitored and that pursuit processes are consistently executed across the account
- Identify and build "whitespace" client relationships, leveraging personal, professional and Firm networks
- Provide account and pursuit teams with deep knowledge of the client's engagement history, culture, organizational structure, competitive landscape and differentiators from the client's perspective
- Utilize broad understanding of Deloitte's service offerings and POVs to identify and co-develop holistic, tailored solutions to address client needs
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping government initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach.
We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public-sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Government marketplace.
The GPS Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years' experience as a relationship and/or business development manager serving federal government clients
- 8+ years' experience with strong professional services sales management knowledge
- 5 years' experience with a proven track record doing capture and sales with working knowledge of the DoS mission
- Working knowledge of competitive and teaming landscape; proven ability to assemble teams, teaming relationships
- Expertise in driving call plans and developing value propositions
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Success in playing a leading role within an account team framework (i.e. working effectively with Lead Client Service Partners, Service Line/Industry leaders, practitioners and other business development professionals)
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in client pursuits
- Strong background in crafting and delivering proposals
- U.S Citizenship and able to be cleared at the Secret level
- Master's Degree
- Knowledge/Experience in the Federal Contracting environment
- Security Clearance a plus
- Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Located in the DC Area