About This Role:
The Account Executive works directly with Forrester’s research leaders and other key resources as necessary to formulate strategy. Upon new client acquisition, this individual collaborates with an account manager to ensure the successful transition of all new business bookings.
As a trusted advisor to business and technology C-suite leaders, the successful candidate will lead discovery calls to evaluate needs and align our top experts to help solve their most critical initiatives through research programs, advisory sessions, and scoped consulting engagements. By creating and orchestrating global new business account strategies, the Account Executive will anticipate the clients’ needs, understand what drives their success, challenge them to think differently, and provide highly valued business insight to enable them to win, serve, and retain customers.
- Achieve a new business sales quota in the assigned territory.
- Prospect and close appropriate accounts from the assigned territory.
- Develop and close business by developing interest from IT, CX, sales, product, and marketing leaders.
- Sell to VP level and above within the prospect’s IT and marketing organizations.
- Maintain an appropriate sales pipeline to achieve quota and keep the pipeline updated in Forrester’s CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts.
- Understand the changing business and technology issues and needs that our potential clients face.
- Work with research teams to better understand the Forrester value proposition for prospects.
- Develop a complete understanding of Forrester's full array of product offerings, with an emphasis on business outcomes.
- Maintain full fluency in Forrester’s products and services and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with procurement and in managing complex buying processes to be able to guide and advise clients.
- Relevant, transferable industry experience, such as in consulting, professional services, financial services, retail, healthcare, or media (less critical).
- Demonstrated abilities to strategically sell to and build relationships with senior-level executives (VP level and above), such as CMOs, CIOs, CTOs, and CDOs.
- A proven track record of achievement in a role with business development and quota targets.
- History of developing new business, achieving bookings goals, and managing personal sales strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to align client business objectives with Forrester solutions.
- Effective organization and time management skills and a high level of business acumen.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills — someone who is curious and creative.
- A “bleed green” mindset, with a passion for Forrester and the value we add to our clients.
- The ability to experiment with new sales approaches to secure meetings and win business.
- Excellent collaborative skills and an unwavering positive attitude to win or learn as a team.
- Customer obsession.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.