The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Reporting to the Market Sales Manager, the Account Executive (AE) will be primarily responsible for meeting the annual sales objectives in the assigned territory through the successful development and execution of a local market sales plan with a priority focus on key leverage operators found within those segments considered priority for Simplot. In addition, the AE will work with assigned distributors to ensure accessibility of Simplot products and cooperation on programs and related support that will include trade management and negotiations for price, marketing, growth and compliance programs.
- Profile and penetrate key operator accounts determined by local sales management that are critical to the success of territory sales.
- Fully embrace and become proficient with the Simplot Sales Process and executing the go-to-market strategies of the Food Service Division.
- Using a consultative approach, communicate the selling benefits of the Simplot product line in addition to the sale of products to ensure that customers are provided with the product knowledge they need to be successful.
- Establish and develop relationships with key management and sales personnel at assigned focus distributors and other market channels. Accumulate information to understand these various customers in order to interact as needed.
- Conduct product demos utilizing culinary influence.
- Represent the full Simplot product line in all sales capacities. Conduct sales calls to key leverage operators in the market, sometimes extending across multiple markets. Utilize various means to recruit and establish new partnerships for the sales of products.
- Be actively engaged in promoting and driving sales across the entire food service product portfolio with priority emphasis on those product categories and individual products identified as the most strategically and financially important to the division.
- Be highly engaged in the use and leverage available with the Simplot CRM system (salesforce.com) to drive efficiency and strong results.
- Effectively manage and utilize budgeted trade dollars related to operator and distributor spending.
- Identify or follow-up on new operator sales opportunities with ability to assess the opportunity and match to product and other solutions.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
Coverage of a large market calling on both commercial and non-commercial segments comprised of larger volume independent operators and small to medium sized multi-unit chains. Dynamic personality, quick learner, positive attitude, great work ethic and flexibility. Capable of multi-tasking to manage unexpected demands from daily activities. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Presentation. Self-motivator and ability to motivate teams, distributors, and brokers.
Job Requisition ID: 5390
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Location(s): Remote -Knoxville
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected]