Requisition ID: 55319
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This role primarily is responsible for supporting the PGD Business Services Cost tracking team using statistical methods to identify areas for operational improvement. A successful candidate will have a basic understanding of PowerBI, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint. Candidates will need to be detailed oriented with strong analytical abilities and have the ability to approach projects with creativity and entrepreneurial thinking with little to no supervision. These projects will be focused on automation and process improvement of number of activities within the Business Services and across the organization. Knowledge of SAP Financial, SRM, BW and BOBJ.
This job assists in execution of the Corporate and NextEra Power Generation business processes. Under direct guidance, employees in this role are responsible for OandM and capital budget preparation and reporting, cash flow management, and financial analysis and reporting. Individuals plan, schedule, communicate, and coordinate the annual budgeting process, the monthly re-forecasts, and month-end close for the site, and ensure that all transactions are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Employees in this position also focus on the continuous improvement of spending, risks and opportunities, and costing methods in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
- Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development
- Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
- Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
- Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
- Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
- Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
- Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
- Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
- Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Statistical/Advanced Quality Methods
- High School Grad / GED
- Financial Planning
- Safety Policy and Practice
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:0+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [email protected], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.