This position is primarily responsible for fielding inbound calls and generating outbound collection calls to customers in order to maintain company goals and objectives. Account Representatives/Collectors are responsible for confirming account information, setting up payment arrangements and processing payments. Accounts are worked from the prepayment contact phase through to pre-legal status and recommendations for repossession or lawsuits. Account Representatives are further responsible for achieving quantitative and qualitative goals while providing superior customer service. These individuals must possess proven ability to overcome objections, be detail oriented, and capable of communicating with others on a variety of levels. This position requires extensive telephone work and data entry skills.
Benefits of the Position:
Automotive Credit helps ensure our team members are DRIVEN everyday by offering:
- Market competitive hourly rate
- Monthly bonus opportunity
- Team environment
- Competitive benefits package that includes 401k Match, Medical, Dental, and Vision
Who We are Looking For:
ACC is looking for Account Representatives who bring our core values DRIVEN to work every day. A successful Account Representative exhibits:
- Communication - You are clear in your written and verbal communications. Appropriate tone, listens well, ask relevant questions, is professional and attentive
- Owns – You own your performance; you are receptive to feedback; you apply feedback to improve; you are an active participant in training and coaching sessions
- Listening – You are an active listener; you understand the consumer’s situation; you can recognize the consumer issue
- Logic – You understand account history; you are a critical thinker; you have an ability to reason; you educate the consumer service options
- Encourage – You are empathetic to the customer situation while educating and encouraging them to make their account current
- Control – You are efficient with your calls; you maintain focus; you control the call
- Trust – You create and build trust; you demonstrate empathy; you use a positive approach to creating resolutions; you use a collaborative approach
Essential Job Functions / Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate outbound telephone calls; receive and handle inbound calls
- Provide customers with outstanding customer service
- Verify and update customers’ information
- Inquire as to reason for delinquency and educate customers regarding the importance of making payments in a timely manner
- Document all actions in the system
- Must make sound business decisions quickly and effectively regarding account action
- Control delinquencies to achieve corporate goals and objectives
- Refer non-compliant potentially uncollectible accounts for repossession or litigation
- Skip trace accounts according to established practices, using assigned skip tracing tools
- Prepare files for legal action in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Reconcile payment misapplications and disputes
Secondary job duties include other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of (2) years of relevant collections experience, preferably in the auto industry
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have the ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently and communicate effectively with internal customers, external customers and members of the management team
- Must have an exceptional work ethic willing to do what is necessary, (within the legal limits and company policies) to achieve desired results
- Must have the ability to follow established policies and departmental procedures
- Must have ability to make sound business decisions quickly and effectively regarding account action
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and/or applicable state collection laws
- Must have the ability to handle irate / hostile people over the phone or in person and successfully defuse the situation while remaining professional
- Must have basic skip tracing skills
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must be detail oriented and diligent in follow up
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Our top employees bring our values to work every day! Being DRIVEN is not something we say, it is something we live by:
- Dependable – Keep promises. Support and depend on teammates. Actions match words.
- Respectful – Value differences. Communicate openly and respectfully. Share credit and appreciate the work of others.
- Integrity – Take accountability for behavior, action, and results. Be honest and ethically unyielding and hold others to the same standard. Have the courage to make mistakes and the wisdom to learn from them.
- Versatile – Welcome change and adapt to new opportunities. Challenge the status quo: fresh ideas are welcome.
- Engage – Commit to the success of the team. Make sure the job gets done right, the first time. Demonstrate a sense of urgency. Be Nimble.
- Nurture – Foster relationships. Uphold the values of the organization. Give back to the communities we serve.