With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Manager, Industrial Support
What You Will Be Doing
Industrial Support Engineers will provide technical and network problem resolution to end-users (B2B) by diagnosing issues and engineering solutions for specific and general use cases. A significant portion of products being worked on are new and emerging technologies. Solutions include, but are not limited to adjusting network configurations, verifying and applying proper software configurations, working with field technicians to troubleshoot and correct physical installation issues, and compiling, pulling, and parsing various station and network logs. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Tenacious commitment to customer focused support
- Comfort with making next-step decisions and excited by "thinking outside of the box"
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated independent, logic-based troubleshooting on non-standard or early-market
- Ability to accurately convey complex concepts in easily digestible verbal and written communications
- Proven experience in driving initiatives and cross-functional collaborations, holding others accountable to expectations in a matrix environment.
- Account management skills including investigating and understanding current and historical issues for specific accounts
- Effectiveness when experiencing major changes in individual work tasks or work environment
- Ability to effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Ability to navigate antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict
- Appreciation for diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivation
- High standards of self-performance, responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments
- Be the central point of contact for the customer in support of the stations they have on-site, recording relevant conversations and actions in the active case
- Understand system components, functions, and replacement/repair procedures
- With pre-defined playbook, be able to operate in the command line using shell commands to correct issues, set configurations, perform firmware upgrades, and gather logs and other information locally or via remote connection
- Direct a field service vendor through troubleshooting and remediation steps for hardware and electrical issues
- Escalate to and engage with Engineering teams for real-time issues requiring elevated support
- Familiarity with AC and DC EV charging protocols; CCS, CHAdeMO, J1772, etc.
- Basic understanding of commercial electrical infrastructure
- Experience with CRM tools such as Zendesk or Salesforce
- Experience in Jira or other program management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or Equivalent working experience preferred
- Minimum of 4 years in an independent technical support environment or engineering fieldPosition requires use of headset/microphone, heavy computer work, multimeters, and basic hand tools
- Varying frequency of travel to customer sites is required. This will include extended-stay travel ranging from 1-6 months at a time.
- Scheduled on-call work will be required