WMATA Enterprise SAN Senior Solutions Engineer
Job Title: Enterprise SAN Senior Solutions Engineer
Location: Washington DC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Enterprise SAN Management
Enterprise SAN Management: ITIO supports Enterprise SAN Management for the entire WMATA organization. Currently Brocade Connectrix X6 switches, G620 switches, 6520 switches, DWDM optics, DellEMC VMAX ALL Flash, Powermax storage arrays, DellEMC ISILON, Dell Compellent storage arrays are used to provide enterprise storage for the entire WMATA organization. Daily operations of the product as well as upgrades are expected to be performed by the contractor.
- Manage and maintain all the fiber network Brocade SAN switches.
- Design and implement Storage fiber network architecture and fiber cable infrastructure within datacenter and between data centers.
- Manage and maintain Enterprise storage arrays and NAS storage arrays.
- Manage and maintain Enterprise backup storage arrays and tape library.
- Design and implement enterprise storage arrays solutions to accommodate WMATA organization wide business requirements.
- Design and implement Disaster recovery and Business continuity solutions using storage arrays technologies.
- Architectural design of disaster recovery solutions for the SAN infrastructure.
- Automation of disaster recovery solutions within the SAN infrastructure
- Perform periodic disaster recovery procedures for each application
- Stay abreast of new features and functionality, playing a key role in driving continual improvement and is a member of the Information Technology (IT) process ownership team.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
Manage the smooth operation of Enterprise storage arrays and NAS storage arrays by ensuring that all aspects of the system are online.
Maintain and Manage Fiber network Brocade switches. Providing SAN connectivity between servers and storage arrays.
Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of disaster recovery procedures.
Performing firmware upgrades for Fabric OS on the network switches and participating in code upgrades for storage arrays and maintain systems at target code levels.
Implement technology refreshments projects on SAN to accommodate growing requirements of WMATA Businesses.
Implement latest security and technology features for Enterprise storage arrays and Brocade fiber network switches.
Manage and maintain Storage Systems for Backup Data.
Automation of storage and network operations using ansible. Automate tasks using ansible.
Experience in design and implementing strategies for protecting Enterprise Data. Should have extensive hands on experience with DellEMC VMAX storage arrays, Compellent storage arrays, Unity, Pure storage arrays and IBM storage arrays. Should have extensive hands on experience with Brocade Network switches X6 connectrix, G620, 6520, M5424 switches.
Should have extensive hands on experience with managing Isilon Storage arrays, NAS storage arrays.
Should have extensive hands on experience with Dell Storage Systems like Dell Compellent SC8000/SC9000
Should have hands on experience with AIX, Linux, windows and Vmware
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Silver Spring, MD 20910: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- SAN: 7 years (Preferred)
- solutions: 7 years (Preferred)
- Confidential (Preferred)