Job Title: Account Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt Grade: A23
Overview of Wencor Group:
Wencor is a leading provider of differentiated and IP-driven aftermarket solutions for the commercial aerospace industry. The Company, founded over 60 years ago, offers multiple solutions for airlines to maintain their fleet, including Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), consumables and expendables distribution, component repair, and used serviceable material parts. Through this comprehensive set of aftermarket solutions and proprietary PMAs and Design Engineering Representative (DERs), Wencor allows its airline customers to reduce its maintenance costs and improve aircraft reliability. Wencor serves the commercial aftermarket, and thus its customer demand is tied to the installed base of aircraft and has a stable financial profile as a result. Wencor is headquartered in the Atlanta, Georgia area with additional offices in Utah, Miami, Seattle, California, Alabama, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, and Istanbul.
Wencor is owned by management and Warburg Pincus, a leading private equity firm founded in 1966 and an active investor in the aerospace sector. Warburg's thesis is to continue to support Wencor's growth through organic investments in people, product, and technology, as well as through tuck-in acquisitions.
Overview of the Position: Sales account role that includes maintaining existing business and identifying opportunities for growth with new or existing product lines. In addition, demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the account management role, including performance to sales targets, customer knowledge and service, functional excellence with systems and tools, training and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and Maintains good customer relations and ensures customers receive prompt, world-class service with the existing customer base.
- Contact customers to follow up, promote products and review missed sales opportunities and provide quote responses.
- Review and maintain long term contract agreements
- Provide technical information to customers
- Obtains competitive information and Intelligence at responsible accounts.
- Obtains new PMA development applications and understands Wencor core competencies.
- Continually follows up on New PMA part approvals and promotes to applicable customer
- Knowledgeable and supports complex service offerings (i.e. Wenstock, ISA, Kitting)
- Maintain specific customer database information (Retention/Quote Follow-up/Salesforce)
- Utilizes all applicable sales tools and reports
- Maintain regular contact with Regional Account Director when senior level visits are required.
- Emphasizes product features based on analysis of customer's needs.
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization to achieve sales targets
- Participate in training, including new hire training
- Maintains customer profiles.
- Researches products and has fundamental understanding of their technical use.
- Helps with collections as needed.
- Understands contracts and pursues both Purchasing and Development.
- Assists in writing contracts and helps with input
- Travels to customers as required.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must be fluent with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Familiar with reports and ability to manipulate data sets using Filters, Vlookup, Pivot Tables, and other Excel functions. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and work in a team environment. Attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure are critical skills. Previous sales and customer service experience required.
Education / Experience Requirements: Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Marketing, or related degree and two years related experience and/or training; minimum three years acceptable performance as Inside Sales Representative I; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Is frequently required to talk or listen.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
- Travel less than 1%