Our industry leading water sports company is seeking an energetic, aggressive and experienced Sales/Brand Manager to work from our Los Angeles area office. We are a well-established company with a long history of success featuring many well-known brands.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the President, the primary responsibility of the Sales/Brand Manager is to develop and generate sales to retail/wholesale accounts within North America. This includes building relationships with buyers and account management within the Specialty and Sporting Goods channels to grow sales and to meet the company business plan. The Sales/Brand Manager is expected to grow the account base by actively prospecting and soliciting new accounts. The Sales Manager will also recruit, hire and manage independent field sales representatives to maximize Sport Dimension sales. The Sales/Brand Manager will be expected to participate as a member of the product development and sales team, including group meetings/phone calls, sales meetings, and regional trade shows as requested/needed.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Plan/execute annual sales goals to ensure that sales efforts reflect needs of corporate sales plan
- Participate in the development of products specific to Stand up Paddle and the areas of Trade Channel distribution.
- Communicate with customers regularly to ensure proper sell in, inventory levels, and sell through
- Maintain relationships at all levels to ensure superior customer service
- Provide direction and leadership to Independent Sales Reps in the field
- Prospect, research and solicit new businesses
- Communicate all sales activities, schedule and business updates to the Director of Sales and the President
- Perform necessary sales support functions (clinics, trade shows, marketing promos) as needed
- Perform essential marketing direction from photo shoots, catalogs, website direction, etc. as required
- College/university degree is preferred
- 3-5 years sales experience a must; Toys and or Seasonal Products sales experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be self-starter, motivated and able to work and think independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift packages of 50 pounds
- Ability to travel 50-60%, schedule flexibility
- Skills required: sales/retail math, forecasting, negotiation, time management, excellent verbal and written communication
Please forward resume along with a brief cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carson, CA 90746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location