Responsible for staffing, training, supervising, motivating staff so that sales volumes are met.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect vehicle sales.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
- Establishes and maintains an effective customer traffic control and follow-up system than ensures all customers are served, recorded and follow-up with.
- Evaluate and approve all requests for dealer transfers and swaps based on established guidelines.
- Assist sales personnel with complex sales negotiations or product supports requests.
- Ensures that the showroom, office, and vehicle lots are maintained in a clean, safe, and attractive manner at all times.
- Establishes annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profit.
- Ensures CSI goals are met.
- Ensures all buyers are turned over to the F&I Manager
- Administers and monitors factory-sponsored programs.
- Displays, merchandises, and promotes new and/or used vehicles.
- Reviews market analyses and sales reports to determine customer needs, volume potential, and develops sales campaigns to accommodate the goals of the dealership.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to \budgetary requirements.
- Ensures that the Sales Department is operated prudently, and for the benefit of the dealership, its employees, customers, and the community at large.
- Ensure ethical behavior is conducted at all times.
- Serves as a liaison between sales department and other departments.
- Secure the facility.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Maintain a clean and professional workstation.
- Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 years management experience preferred.
- 3-5 years sales experience.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership and management.
- Experience with inventory control, cost levels, advertising, marketing and merchandising of vehicles.
- Understands laws and regulations relating to personnel and consumers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to train and motivate a diverse workforce to achieve the highest levels of performance.
- Knowledge of financing for automotive products.
- Knowledge of appraisal techniques and deprecation values.
- Ability to perform basic math functions include analytical ratios and formulas related to business applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- The position is constantly engaged in talking and listening.
- Ability to endure long hours at various tasks and to handle high stress situations.
- Standing and walking are frequently required.
- The position incumbent is not normally required to perform physical activities beyond those demanded in a normal office situation.
- The position is in a normal office setting with limited noise.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Automotive Sales Management: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location