Job Title: Lead, Systems Engrg
Job Location: Rochester, NY or Melbourne, FL
Job Code: CS20211406-62736
L3Harris Corporation is a leading global supplier of secure communications system solutions for military, government and commercial organizations. Global Communication Systems develops and delivers complete integrated mission solutions to our customers based on L3H’s product portfolio.
The Proposal Manger is responsible for working closely with the Business Development Manager to lead cross functional teams to develop and articulate technical solutions and costs for proposals, whitepapers, presentations, and other business materials. Responsibilities include:
- Manage Systems Engineering response to all aspects of proposal development for the GCS BD team. Includes managing teams, developing Proposal execution plan (schedule, resource requirements, work breakdowns, team tasking and tracking) leading engineering reviews, and supporting Cost and Price Reviews.
- Must work effectively with BD, Sales, Program Management, Bids & Proposals and multiple engineering teams to develop the technical solution and support development of the final bid.
- Oversee development of all proposal deliverables: Cost Estimates, Presentations, and Whitepapers. Must be able to support development as the lead for large proposals and teams or act as the sole technical and proposal member for smaller proposals.
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal
- Work with subject matter experts to develop a technical solution and ensure SME approval of designs
- Prepare proposal plans, schedule, outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits and track the teams progress
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events: Kick-off Meetings, Tech baselines, Bid Packages and support Cost and Price Reviews
- Document Assumptions, Risks and Opportunities
- Lead cost estimation efforts; assist with estimate development
- Meet established deliverables and production deadlines; support final proposal production activities as needed
- Ensure detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors is provided
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with proposal team and senior management, as appropriate
- Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials, if required
- Support the tracking and reporting of all GCS-N proposal activities
- Monitor and assist on all amendments and modifications to the proposals
- 20-30% international travel
- BSEE/BSME/BSCE/BSSE and 8+ years of experience or Master’s Degree with 6+ years of work experience.
- 4+ years of experience of demonstrated in Systems Design and Systems Integration with relevant technologies.
Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Capable of analyzing formal solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, Task Order etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications and determine proposal resource and schedule needs.
- Strong technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimates development and technical writing.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, and/or International Government / DoD systems experience desirable. Experience with tactical / mobile networking.
- International travel experiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
- Assist in metric and dashboard tracking for the proposal funnel, helping to prepare monthly reports to leadership as requested
- Management skills to direct and orchestrate medium-sized proposal team efforts
- Experience with International proposals and markets
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in Proposal Management or similar
- Strong understanding of export restrictions
- Strong communication skills; experience writing and presenting technical information to customers and leadership
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills; has the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment