Description: Sensing is rapidly becoming the premier technology moving the world forward. Today’s innovative products increasingly rely on sensors for advanced functionality. Dytran is a leading manufacturer of high-quality, highly engineered sensors for vibration, force, and pressure. Dytran sensors enable our customers to design and validate the incredible products of the future - a great reason to come to work every day.
Located in Chatsworth, California, we are an AS9100 / ISO-17025 certified company serving both aerospace and commercial customers. Our sensing products are found in test labs, flying on aircraft, and on space vehicles providing the data that enables technology pioneers to deliver the advanced products of tomorrow.
This immediate opening is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with a company that has highly engineered products in a diverse and international market. New engineering graduates welcome!
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for having a deep technical knowledge of all products in our product portfolio and is the key point of contact for customers/prospects, identifying application-based solutions, answering queries, providing technical guidance, introducing new products, and managing opportunities to successful closure. This position supports an assigned territory with a focus on continually building positive customer relationships to support both the customer and company objectives/ goals.
- Working with customers/prospects/distributors and/or reps to understand application needs in order to provide the best possible product solutions.
- Takes ownership of opportunity management, including logging of opportunities in the CRM, preparation of quotes to achieve sales objectives and territory sales growth targets in the assigned territory.
- Post sales support providing technical support to customers and liaising with engineering to identify solutions to complex issues.
- Establishes new and maintains existing relationships with customers.
- Manages customer expectations relating to product quality, performance, and delivery.
- Collaborates with engineering, planning, quality, and production to drive the NPR process from identifying customer needs/requirements through to production release.
- Creates project milestones in order to monitor critical timelines necessary to ensure orders are on track to meet customer expectations. Follows through with Engineering, Planning, Quality, and Production.
- Work trade shows, seminars, and webinars as technical liaison and sales support.
- Prepares application notes, competitive analysis, and sales tools to support the sales team.
- Performs contract reviews for incoming orders.
- Creates technical presentations and conducts product demonstrations for customers.
- Reviews competitor specifications of products and identifies Dytran product alternatives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales or Sales Manager.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent of 5 years of progressive related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferably in electronics).
- Strong technical aptitude
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Professional sales skills including overcoming objections and relationship building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced math skills and the ability to understand “abstract” principles including math and physics for Engineering/Technical sales.
- General knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of sensors and the aerospace industry a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be a local candidate.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Plan: Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance: Basic, Voluntary, & AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical & Dependent Care
- Retirement Plan with and Employer Match: 401K & ROTH
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Holiday
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dytran Instruments, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All decisions regarding recruiting, screening, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, pay, training, benefits, and other conditions of employment will be made based on valid job qualifications and business reasons. All such decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, religious dress practice, religious grooming practice, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state, or local law. This includes consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Hiring Ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time