At MV Transportation, we provide freedom. The needs of people drive our company, literally and figuratively. People come first - ALWAYS. And that means providing the right mobility services at the right time and at the right price.
About the role:
MV is looking for a Data Analyst
to join our Data Science and Analytics team in Dallas.
The candidate will work with internal and external stakeholders to create reports/dashboards and perform analysis that will lead to actionable insights. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success as a Data Analyst and should be able to implement design thinking methodology while framing questions and organizing the data. A publicly accessible portfolio of prior work will be valuable.
About the team:
As a part of the Data Science and Analytics team, you will be at the heart of every data-driven initiative in support of our vision to deliver the Best Customer Experience with industry-leading safety, reliability and innovation. Our analytic solutions are fundamental to such essential MV functions as Sales, Safety, IT, Risk, Operations and Maintenance.
Sample problems that we solve:
- How might we use data to improve the performance of our fleets of vehicles?
- How might we use data to better manage our large and growing workforce?
- How might we achieve MV Destination Zero initiative (zero risks, zero accidents, zero injuries)?
Degree in a technical field like Computer Science (CS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Analytics (BA), Math, Engineering or related fields. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Two (2)+ years of business experience in data analysis. Exposure to Supervised Learning and Unsupervised Learning is preferred.
- Experience working in a cloud platform. Azure experience is preferred with a good understanding of Azure Data Factory and Databricks.
- Experience in at least one of the visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc. Must be willing to learn/work in Power BI.
- Must be willing to work in Python. Prior experience in Python or R preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL (write joins, views, stored procedures, queries to extract data etc.). Must be able to work with SSIS, SSMS and SSAS.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with senior leaders and coworkers to design well -constructed analyses.
- Transportation experience is a significant advantage.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.