Job Title: Logistics Account Executive
Reports to: Team Lead
Primarily responsible for prospecting for new customers, generating new customer revenue and following the company’s overall objectives as a Logistics Account Executive. Source, secure and manage the transportation needs for new Hoosier customers while maintaining high levels of customer service and profit margins is vital. Become assuredly confident, fully trained and comfortable in phone solicitation to acquire new business deals. This person should be knowledgeable, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position. A strong hunter mentality is key to success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective customers and independently generate new sales revenue.
· Sourcing and securing freight and customers by any method including but not limited to; current book of business, past contacts, internet searches, website leads, manufacturing guides, CRM leads, social media contacts, sales agent leads, and other client leads,
· Work diligently to develop and master industry and sales knowledge, including prospecting, pipeline development, closing business, managing accounts, spot market vs. contract pricing, etc.
· As primary contact for your customers, you will be responsible for managing the relationship between the customer and Hoosier. You will need to provide excellent customer service skills when communicating through phone, email, and in person.
· Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
· Grow existing accounts by sourcing and securing new opportunities from within each customer.
· Prospect and integrate new customers into existing book of business.
· Creatively find new modal solutions for customers.
· Develop committed business with $5,000+ gross margin per week.
· Have a broad knowledge of truck markets/pricing and negotiate rates with customers to drive revenue.
· Complete pricing and bid packages in coordination with Team Lead.
· Tracking and maintaining all sales prospecting activity in the company CRM (Salesforce).
· Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all customer-related functions in company TMS (McLeod).
· Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve customer issues.
· Monitor all current customer loads and proactively identify potential problems.
· Proactively communicate all potential problems with Team Lead.
· Travel as business requires.
· Other duties as assigned.
BA or BSdegree or equivalent experience. Minimum of three years of brokerage experience required. Strong understanding of brokerage operations and geographic freight markets is required. Prior
demonstration of negotiation skills is preferred. Existing customer and/or carrier base is a plus. Experience with McLeod TMS a plus.
Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with follow-up, and problem-solving skills. Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Must be able to work with others along with working independently. Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines. Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities. Ability to manage communicationin a positive manner. Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical. Ability to take a significant role in the SAP and SOP creation process. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
- Bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, kneel and squat on an occasional basis.
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity to read paperwork, computer monitors, and calculators.
- Usage of both hands for repetitive actions such as: data entry and simple grasping.
5% Standing 5% Walking 90% Sitting
Full-time employee, 40-50 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, weeknights and Saturday/Sunday on call rotation within the team. Must maintain regular attendance and must be present at work to communicate and interact with co-workers.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location