Presales Solutions Consultant III – Model Based Systems Engineering (Position can be located in a variety of locations across the US)
This is a Presales Solution Consultant role supporting Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) software solutions. The position reports to the Automotive and Transportation Vertical Sales Organization.
Model Based Systems Engineering is a critical component of the Siemens Digital Industries suite of software products. When integrated with Teamcenter, it brings together multi-domain product development – mechanical, electrical, and software - along with considerations like cost, reliability, and manufacturability. Integrated MBSE drives the entire downstream development/delivery process for continuous engineering throughout the entire product lifecycle.
This is an exciting position that knows what it takes to make smart products for a smarter world. As a presales solution consultant, you will lead prospects through value-based conversations and demonstrations that front load system architecture considerations by moving into a system of systems paradigm with a software-centric approach that can allow for arguably unlimited complexity. Adopt technologies to manage complex cross-functional interfaces and keep engineers busy innovating without any compromise on quality of data. This creates extreme value across the enterprise and supply chain, reducing overall engineering costs.
The role requires the understanding of Systems Engineering processes and modeling techniques, as well as the needs/goals of the prospect. We then focus on delivering value-based prescriptive solutions through presentations and software demonstrations during the sales process. This position will also help educate other presales consultants such that they are able to deliver introductory presentations on MBSE.
- Maintain an in-depth level of understanding of model-based systems engineering processes, challenges, and new methodologies.
- Foster a good understanding of what is at stake by stating the problem, capturing the stakeholder’s needs, define the operational or business capabilities to model the expected system features.
- Foster a good understanding of how software considerations can be done upfront in the system architecture design to allow added flexibility and complexity growth of deployed features.
- Transfer MBSE knowledge to core team members. Includes sales professionals and other solution consultants.
- Enhance sales collaterals for more effective engagements.
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from Presales and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments.
o Support requests could include demonstrations, benchmarks, responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) etc.
- Present and demonstrate MBSE solutions in sales pursuits. Presentations are tailored to the specific needs of a customer with an emphasis on business value.
- Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their deployments and further implementation of the solutions.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of product capabilities and be able to clearly communicate to Product Development any gaps that have an impact on customer success
Required Background/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering; or other Engineering Bachelor’s degree with specific systems engineering work experience in the Automotive and Transportation Industry.
- 5+ years as a Systems Engineer performing requirements analysis and specification development, preliminary design and detailed design of complex systems.
- System architecture experience on multiple projects
- Prior experience with other MBSE software tools
- Understanding of UML and/or SysML modeling languages
- Understanding of ARCADIA methodology for system architecture modeling
- Understanding of Engineering Requirements Management, and associated software solutions.
- Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to travel away for short periods is required
- Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills is required
- High level of initiative, teamwork, flexibility, willing to learn
NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Background/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Several years’ experience in Presales or Service/consulting roles is preferred (preferably
in the software industry)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.