We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead and recruit development teams focused on the Quality and Manufacturing space. The teams will build world-class products to allow customers to securely manage content and help visualize and streamline complex business processes for the biggest names in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as teams grow
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers.
- Work in an agile, small team environment with a focus on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 10+ years developing commercial software in Java
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- 3+ years of experience managing two or more engineering teams, including second-line management experience
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge on open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.).
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., Angular, React) is a plus, and working with User Experience and Product teams to build great user interfaces
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]