About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for the eye care market in the United States.
Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid (HOCl). By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, NovaBay’s proprietary, pure HOCl has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova removes debris including excessive bacteria from the eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing pure HOCl, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China
Summary of Role:
The Medical Device Inside Sales Representative is an entry-level position with pathways to becoming a significant contributor to the NovaBay Avenova commercial team. In this significant role, you will be a critical member contributing to the expansion and recognition strategy for the Avenova brand. You will work as part of a winning and highly experienced team, assisting customers in both sales and support for our effective and differentiated new product.
- Trusted Key Member of our Sales Team: Focus on acquiring new customers as well as retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers.
- Owner of Inside Sales Targets: Contribute to and support the territory plan by establishing and maintaining relationships with partners. Roughly half (40-50%) of your day is spent performing outbound calls to qualify and follow up on sales leads, developing sales opportunities within an assigned territory prospects as well as follow-through on other creative methods for account entry and penetration.
- Develop Superior Technical Knowledge: Requires application of in-depth technical knowledge of our Avenova product, our systems and product related services. Critical contributor to weekly team meetings to share market feedback and product specific findings.
- Develop Superior Knowledge of Avenova Competitors: Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive posture of NovaBay, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested.
- Leading Member of Inside Sales and Customer Service Team forAvenova: Represent NovaBay to doctors and patients in all support-oriented activities for Avenova. Participate in weekly meetings to share customer feedback on product and service initiatives.
- Customer interactions:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write and understand documentation in English.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Leverage selling skills, product, and technical knowledge to drive results with customers.
- Adapt to and work well in an environment that has change.
- Ability to articulate complex information clearly.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Good work ethic and able to follow directions and instructions.
- Provide excellent customers service with both internal and external customers
- Liaison between the customer, outside sales, inside sales, accounting, warehouse, quality assurance and various other internal partners.
- Manage out bound sales calls and inbound calls received from the queue (including product inquiries, availability, and order processing) from new and existing customers.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree with 2 years of experience in customer service and direct phone sales support (biotech or medical device industry experience preferred).
- Responsible, reliable and eager to learn.
- Flexibility and a positive attitude with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Able and willing to consistently follow and manage detailed procedures.
- Ability to quickly understand Avenova and explain its advantages to diverse target audiences, including medical doctors.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal, and time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time